“Well what can I say? AWESOME IS WORD”

Maya Beach Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: We're certainly far from perfect, but we do try our best to create a winning experience for every single customer, whether they are hotel guests, Belizean neighbors or travelers staying at other hotels. Try pairing small plates with wines, choose from our creative main courses, or just enjoy some comfort food for breakfast or lunch. It's fun for us to meet new people and, well, just make them happy! Our casual beach bistro focuses on unique sauces and contemporary, tropical-themed flavor combinations while maintaining comfortable portions. Lots of fish and seafood. Bar service includes a 130-bottle wine list, local beer, rum drinks, and house specials. The outdoor atmosphere is casual so you can be comfortable in flip flops. Belize's "Restaurant of the Year" award was presented twice to the Bistro in June 2011 and May 2013.
Placencia, Belize
“Well what can I say? AWESOME IS WORD”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Been meaning to write a review for the Bistro for some time now. All I can say is AWESOME place.
Marco and I dined here for our anniversary, and we had a great time. I Loved the Sassy Shrimp Pot, I loved the bananas and hint of spicy that made this dish. As alway I have the grown up milkshake, just made for us grownups and desserts just adds to my delightful evening. Thank for the great service and wonderful food as always.

• Visited February 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Worth the taxi ride!!! Five Stars!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I can certainly see why they have won restaurant of the year twice. The food is to die for. HUGE wine selection!! I ate here for three meals in the same day. All were excellent!!! The staff were friendly and attentive on all shifts. Gorgeous views are they have a pool that patrons can use. The prices are extremely reasonable!

Visited May 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Highly, highly recommended”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While sailing the cayes we met some ex-pats who told us if we only had one night to dine in Placencia (which was the case for us) that we should go to Maya Beach Bistro. We did, and they were right! The menu was enticing, and the food preparation and presentation was first rate. My husband had the lobster tail and I had a seafood & coconut chowder that was a treat. The jalepenos were mild, which may good for the masses, but I augmented mine with Marie Sharp's Habanero Hot Sauce to give it just the right finish. I don't recall what we had for dessert, but do recall we thought it was awesome (I think it was some sort of ice cream cake with caramel). Don't miss this place, especially if you only have one dinner out while in Placencia. It's not near downtown, but well worth the taxi ride to get to it.

Visited July 2013
Oklahoma
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food here was undoubtedly the cuisine highlight of our trip to Belize. Ate here for dinner, happy hour and breakfast. Ate at several other places on the peninsula as well. This one was the best by far. The food is full of flavor and the service was good as well. The prices were reasonably, especially for happy hour. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Room with a view!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Not the cheapest of places to stay, although we were fortunate to get a deal, but the 5 rooms are each unique and beautifully furnished with amazing views of the Caribbean. There is also a delightful, child friendly pool area. The staff are very efficient, helpful and friendly. Excellent wine list which is costly as all the wine is imported. The highlight is the restaurant and the food .... among the best I've ever eaten and extremely good value for money!

• Visited July 2013