“A must go when on Placencia Peninsula”

Maya Beach Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: We're certainly far from perfect, but we do try our best to create a winning experience for every single customer, whether they are hotel guests, Belizean neighbors or travelers staying at other hotels. Try pairing small plates with wines, choose from our creative main courses, or just enjoy some comfort food for breakfast or lunch. It's fun for us to meet new people and, well, just make them happy! Our casual beach bistro focuses on unique sauces and contemporary, tropical-themed flavor combinations while maintaining comfortable portions. Lots of fish and seafood. Bar service includes a 130-bottle wine list, local beer, rum drinks, and house specials. The outdoor atmosphere is casual so you can be comfortable in flip flops. Belize's "Restaurant of the Year" award was presented twice to the Bistro in June 2011 and May 2013.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Maya Beach Bistro gets a very good rating because the fish and chips were greasy. I wish I could have given them and "Excellent". all the other food i have had is spectacular.

There is an appetizer special where you can try 3 or 4 smaller portions for a set price. I HIGHLY recommend this. Each one of the appetizer dishes was superb.

On my second trip back I had more appetizers and the Banana Boat. An odd but delicious combination of banana and shrimp.

Bring your swimsuit and use the pool when you are a dining customer.

1  Thank DutchCanuck58
Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My fiance and I ate here twice on our week-long trip to Placencia. Both times, we were blown away by the amazing seafood dishes we had and the phenomenal drinks. The menu items were chef-driven and interesting all-around. The airy bech-side seating was also second-to-none. By far, my favorite place to eat on the Placencia Peninsula. Beyond that, we couldn't have asked for better service on both occasions. Lisa, our server on the first time remembered us the second time and welcomed us warmly. Also, Ellen, the restaurant owner stopped by our table to make sure everything was perfect. On the second time, I was engaged. We joked that the food was so good the first time, my fiance had to propose. She provided a split of champagne and congratulations! We will most definitely return.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food here is great and the owners are so delightful. It was my best friends wedding and we stayed here the night before. The owners brought wine up to our room and were so personal and friendly. I would love to come back and stay here!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed 12 days in Maya Beach, trying lots of local places to eat and the Bistro is by far the best place to eat. EVERYTHING on the menu is delicious. The daily specials are even more worth the try.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

BEST food in Placencia area! Everything we tried was fabulous! We stopped in for drinks one afternoon---Avi, the bartender was very helpful and just a great cheerful guy to have behind the bar. He made us feel very welcome and represents Maya Beach Bistro in a way that would make any owner proud. The second night, we opted for the Grilled Grouper----melt-in-your-mouth freshness, and presentation that the chef was clearly proud of. The owner made table visits all evening (when she wasn't delivering food!) Thank you----I love my food PIPING HOT and appreciate restaurateurs that "get it" What a GREAT establishment---awesome menu & over-the-top service.