“It does not get any better!”

Maya Beach Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: We're certainly far from perfect, but we do try our best to create a winning experience for every single customer, whether they are hotel guests, Belizean neighbors or travelers staying at other hotels. Try pairing small plates with wines, choose from our creative main courses, or just enjoy some comfort food for breakfast or lunch. It's fun for us to meet new people and, well, just make them happy! Our casual beach bistro focuses on unique sauces and contemporary, tropical-themed flavor combinations while maintaining comfortable portions. Lots of fish and seafood. Bar service includes a 130-bottle wine list, local beer, rum drinks, and house specials. The outdoor atmosphere is casual so you can be comfortable in flip flops. Belize's "Restaurant of the Year" award was presented twice to the Bistro in June 2011 and May 2013.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“It does not get any better!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I rented a home in the Maya Beach region on the peninsula called Placencia in Belize for about a month in January 2013 and often ate out at the few restaurants within a short bicycle ride. Maya Beach Bistro offered the best food in a superb setting on the ocean. It's true that the cost of meals was higher than in other nearby restaurants, but still less than what I would have paid for a comparable meal in my home city, Vancouver, Canada. The owners, Ellen & John, were very much focused on attending to all the needs of guests and obviously well-liked by regular patrons. Even though I did not stay at the hotel, Ellen provided me with useful information for local tours and did not hesitate to have a travel voucher I needed on my departure day printed out at the front desk. If I return to Maya Beach, I would happily dine there again.

• Visited January 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“Favorite part of Placencia”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My gf and I stayed at the Maya Beach so we ate at the bistro 4 times encompassing all 3 meals. Food was always great! Service was very friendly, and we were fortunate enough to be there for Valentines day where they put on a very decadent 9 course meal. Off of the regular menu I ate the fish and chips (very good), the cinnamon bun french toast (amazing), and my favorite menu item the lobster grilled cheese! (sooo rich but sooo good) Was very pleasantly surprised at value for money. Food and service was comparable to any similar North American restaurant but for less money.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank drew m
Fairfax, California
“Great Food, Warm, Friendly Owners”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had just arrived in Placencia. We were tired and "cranky hungry". We decided to drive into Placencia and find a restaurant. As we were driving in, we happened to notice a sandwich board saying Maya Beach Bistro now open. We did a U-turn and went in. It was late, but they happily seated us. The food was OUTSTANDING, the service was great and we felt so welcome. It was a great beginning to our stay in Placencia. Next time we will stay at the hotel as well. The entire staff were warm and welcoming. We had a second dinner there our last night and it was just as good. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
Kansas City, MIssouri
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was one of the best breakfast restaurants we visited. It is a little more pricey than most of the restaurants in the area, but the food is worth it. My one complaint is that they were not willing to do any "substitutions" to satisfy the customer. Your only choices are exactly what is on the menu.

• Visited January 2013
FlipFlopTheBeachCat, Owner at Maya Beach Hotel Bistro, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to visit our restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed the food!

I apologize if your server didn't explain the menu properly. While the dishes on the menu are put together in a certain way (a "packaged" breakfast), anything you want is available as a side order or a combination of sides. So while we don't call it a substitution, you can still get exactly what you'd like. Hopefully this will improve your experience next time!

Thanks again for the visit!
Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is by far the best restaurant we have had the chance of dinning at. The Maya Bistro was so superior to everywhere else we have eaten so far in our two week stay here in Placencia.
Worth renting a golf cart and driving out for dinner or lunch!! Keep some room for desert!
Today was my husbands birthday and we choose the right restaurant to eat at. The
ocean view did not hurt the ambiance at all. LOVE LOVED this place

• Visited February 2013