Tripadvisor
Placencia
Post
Inbox
Search

“Perfect lunch in paradise”
Review of Omar's

Omar's
Ranked #22 of 96 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant was recommended by a local resident and she was not wrong. I had the best conch fritters that I have tasted thus far. Hubby had the fresh catch of the day creole style. He was blown away. One bit of advice, do not go there if you are in a hurry. The food is prepared as ordered so it takes a while to arrive. Worth the wait for sure.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (916)

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We were on a cruise ship and went by ferry to Placencia. Our boatman suggested that we go to Omar’s Creole Grub. We were not disappointed. We were served by a young, charming waitress and really enjoyed our fish fajitas. A most pleasant experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

First, be aware that Belize has refined the concept of "island time" to a new level. That isn't a bad thing - but when you only have 3 hours on a cruise port visit, you need to be aware of it. We arrived on Harvest Caye via Norwegian Cruise Lines. There is a ferry to the mainland that takes 15 min, then you are on the dock at Placencia with orders to be ready to go 15 min before your departure time - that leaves 2.5 hours. Expect to spend 1-1.5 hours for lunch. We had cracked conch and conch fajitas. Both were FABULOUS. The service was friendly and all food is prepared to order. Highly recommend Omar's and will visit them again when we go back.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

I was really in the mood for lobster and being used to Maine lobster I knew these lobsters were a lot smaller so I asked the waitress if I could add a lobster tail to the regular order.she came back and said that when they were small they automatically give you two. Great for me! I got my fill! Couldn’t have eaten another bite! I really loved their garlic and butter sauce, it was great. Their choice of beverages were small so I just stuck with water which is fine with me.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Ok place but the portions are very small. For the same amount of money you can find another place with a broader menu and bigger portions. No alcohol served.

Date of visit: December 2019