“Crab Claws and Fresh fish in Creole Sauce”
Review of Omar's

Omar's
Ranked #19 of 74 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I got the crab claws and my boyfriend got the Fish in Creole Sauce. Both were outstanding!!!

I see some comment about frozen fries and other sides that ruin the meal, they do have some issues with this, however I believe the rest of the meal makes up for it all!!! Still the best restaurant I visited in Placencia, Belize.

Family owned and run, nice garden style theme, you will enjoy! :)

There are newer reviews for Omar's

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Everybody raved about Omar's so we were really excited to check this place out for their fresh and tasty seafood. Unfortunately, I received my dish, which came with a small side salad and even the lettuce and ranch dressing was HOT. Not warm; HOT. Kinda blew the rest of the meal for me, but I will say, the fish tasted very fresh. And, had it not been a bit too salty for my taste, I would have said the fish was the best I ate in Placencia.
So, here's the thing my wife and I found with Omar's: their fish is really good, but their sides are absolutely horrible. Frozen fries? Really? Not cool....

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We ate a variety of meals all amazing, and very fresh, the owner Richard is amazing, fish is stunning, Must eat, if you get a chance

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went here for lunch and my husband had the barracuda steak and I had the grilled chicken. Mine was good but the fish was not and my husband normally eats anything. The waiter was not overly friendly.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I had a late breakfast at Omar's after returning from a sail charter. The coffee was strong and robust and the juices well prepared. We both had omelets of different ingredients but both had fry jacks. Fry jacks are addictive and I would weight 300 pounds if I had an extended stay.

We were treated to a local school parade that did a round trip on main street. The dining room had an excellent style and the service was warm but may be considered inattentive to some self-absorbed individuals.

A good experience