“A Good Place for Dinner but BYOB”
Review of Omar's

Omar's
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We ate at a different place in Placencia on each night of our recent trip.

Based on a recommendation from a local person, we ate at Omar's the first night.

I had the Coconut Curry Shrimp and coconut rice (as their Rasha Rice was out). It was excellent. There was a good choice of local dishes on the menu and my whole family enjoyed what they had.

This restaurant however does not have a liquor licence, but they freely allow patrons to go to the nearby Grocery store and carry in any kind of alocoholic drinks into the restuarant (BYOB = bring you own booze!).

1  Thank GordonK
There are newer reviews for Omar's

Reviewed May 9, 2013

With its proximity to the very popular Bare Foot Bar in Placencia, Belize and its non-descript appearance, the deliciousness of the food came as quite a surprise. Suggested to us by a local for fresh seafood, we were quite pleased with how tasty, wholesome and fresh everything was. The watermelon/lime juice is to die for. They don't sell liquor but if you bring your own rum they will provide you with coke and a glass of ice! A very unpretentious and casual atmosphere, it is a definite not-to-miss treat if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

what can I say? Service was glacial, requests for water ignored (but accompanied by sneers from the waitress). The manager finally gave us our bill and informed us that there were customers waiting in line for our table. (sorry, but when you take an hour to bring our meals, you can't expect us to get out quickly). Several tables had people playing cards while waiting for their meals. My advice.... skip this place and go to D' Tatch on the beach.

1  Thank PhotoTravelerDan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Excellent seafood with your choice of sauces (Try the coconut curry) I wish they had an alcohol license, but they let your bring your own beer. Service is slow but friendly.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stopped in for lunch at Omar's Creole Grub during a visit to the village of Placencia, on the recommendation of some of the staff at our resort, and we weren't disappointed. We had the restaurant to ourselves, as it was near the end of tourist season. My wife had a barracuda steak with curried coconut sauce, and I had fish & chips - both were delicious, although I think my wife's enjoyment might have been a little more apparent than mine. Definitely worth stopping by!