TripAdvisor
Placencia
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews morning coffee and afternoon air compressor rental car maya beach hummingbird highway renting a golf cart belize city mayan ruins adventure accommodations property hosts cottage ocean charter
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I looked at many places in placencia online before discovering Bills and it is always a hard choice unless u have been there before to see what u like. After spending nearly 2 weeks at bills it was exactly what I was looking for. Dont stay in Placencia town if u want privacy and Bills is only a short drive away to visit. Bills in a fantastic spot with vacant lots on both sides of the property set on a well kept palm tree, white sand quiet beach. A short beach walk away is some great little beach bars ,a store and some quality little restaurants. The place is very kick back so dont imagine side walks along the beach with shops everywhere it is really a shorts and flip flops 24/7 style place with no high rises and masses of people it feels nice and remote. The 2 cabins are very cosy and clean with everything u need including cooking facilities which came in handy after taking the kayak out each morning and comming back with some fresh fish.
Bill and Adriane were very helpfull with all our needs arranging tours ,giving local info and also gave quick response to emails prior to arriving. They gave me a great deal and the price was more than reasonable.They are a very relaxed cool couple and give plenty of space to enjoy there little piece of paradise.
Placencia is a fantastic place to holiday with so many things to do and see or a great place to do nothing . I have nothing negative to say about barnacle bills and highly recommend staying there to anyone heading to Placencia .I really needed this holiday and staying there was a huge part of making this holiday one of my best!!!

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Luke B
Reviewed June 15, 2008

My husband and I have stayed with Bill and Adriane Taylor four times now and have enjoyed every minute of every stay. We stayed at Barnacle Bill's this last time with another couple who had a very quick, quaint exchange of vows at sunrise on the 29th of May. Bill and Adriane were both up early to be a part of this ceremony. The two identical bungalows are comfortable and clean. We were able to cook a few meals in the small kitchen. There is a full size refrigerator in each bungalow which the Taylors will fill with whatever groceries you ask them to ahead of time. We had a cold case of beer waiting when we arrived! To get to Maya Beach, we have always rented a car in Belize City and driven down south. The trip is worth it if you haven't been on the Hummingbird Highway. During our last trip there was some weather which altered our plans. We were to drive to the Dangriga area on the way to our next destination. However, Bill informed us about the bridge being washed out. He was more than helpful in arranging flights out and helping us take care of our rental car. Bill and Adriane are very helpful and friendly, yet unintrusive. Without thier help, we don't know how the rest of our vacation might have ended. We enjoy sitting on Bill's beach and relaxing, We also enjoy walking along the beach with Scurvy their dog (and escort to the local pubs). I highly recommend giving this establishment a shot on your next vactation. I will post a few pictures; however, I recommend going to Barnacle Bill's web site to see some of the amazing pictures Bill has posted.

Date of stay: May 2008