“Best place to catch a breeze”
Review of Cozy Corner

Cozy Corner
Ranked #25 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best place to catch a breeze”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What Cozy Corner lacks in customer service it makes up with a spectacular very and awesome breeze. You cannot help but feel relax at Cozy while sipping you're favorite beverage or eating a meal. Cozy Corner has its perks. The only reason it does not get an excellent review it because of the staff. Don't expect to be greeted with smiles or even have your server tend to you when you one of three people in the place. Never happens. This is disappointed for me because I hate to chase down staff. HATE IT!. In addition I do like feeling like I am bothering you for a drink or glass of juice. On one visit I over heard staff talking loudly about a parting customers tip. Really??
Personality aside Cozy could do a better job of making their guest feel needed. After all, they are. Once you get over the lack of attention and attitude Cozy Corner is actually a pretty great spot. In fact I would say it is the BEST spot in Placenia to catch a good breeze and have a beer. There are other places where the staff is happy and the service is great. But there is no place like Cozy.
Food:
I always always get the watermelon juice. Its delicous. ( GOOD)
I order a fish sanwhich that was so nasty I wanted to throw up but I had to pay for it. ( BAD)
The lobster curry was good. I felt the lobster was a bit overcooked. ( Neutral)
There are no subsittuion on the menu ( VERY BAD)
I wanted fry chicken with mashed potatoes ( mashed potatoes was on the special) and I was told I had to have fries ( BAD)
* always accommodate your guest*
I waited so long for my waitress to come back I just left the money on the table and left ( BAD and ANNOYING).
The bartender makes excellent drinks (GOOD). I think I may have seen her smile twice. Which for me was uber exciting ( she is cool- should smile more)
All- in all I like Cozy 3.5 out of 5. I absolutely loathe waiting for service. Smiles are appreciated and the guest should NEVER her staff complain about gratuity of other customer . Its highly unprofessional and tips are earned and should not be expected when service is subpar. I am giving Cozy three stars because of its location, *2.5 for food and *1 for service. Happy travels!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank travelingvoyer

Tipton, Missouri
“Great little spot on the beach”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Eat inside or out on the beach and watch the dolphins frolic in the Caribbean. The restaurant offers a varied and inexpensive menu complete with a full bar. Directly in front of a motel, this is a great spot, any time of the day.

Visited March 2012
Lemoore, California
“Cozy Corner, Placencia”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

good service, good food.We ate here several times while in Placencia. It is convenient to anyone walking down "the Sidewalk" and near down town Placencia.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Conch steak?”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The conch steak was actually the frill on the outside of the conch. Very tough, and disguised in a sweet and sour sauce with onions and peppers. I was very disappointed. Watered down drinks. Poor service. My husband's lobster kabobs were tough and dry. Could have been yesterday's special. Do not recommend.

• Visited October 2012
Swansea, South Carolina
“Great location Great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here our first night in Placencia. Food was great, Rum and Ginger very refreshing. Excellent breeze right on the ocean. Ate lunch there later in the week, had the fried shrimp, tender and crunchy, very tasty.

Visited September 2012