“Chaleanor”
Review of Chaleanor Hotel

Chaleanor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dangriga
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We spent only two days at the Chaleanor, just passing through Dangriga en route to Placencia. Chad and Eleanor were so friendly and adorable, perfect inspiration for my fiancée and I should we decide to open up a hotel in our later years. They were knowledgeable about the town and seemed happy to help you with information. They move at the typical Belizean pace and tend to take their time to check you in and find information, but they also go above and beyond the typical concierges. Just give yourself plenty of time and they will help you out. The room was small but comfortable, thankfully there were two fans because it was a scorcher both nights. The beds were very cozy, and the shared facilities were clean and had no issues. The lobby had free coffee and bananas every day and the roof offered a beautiful view of the town and the beach nearby. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Book in advance if you are staying in the high season.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SamKayla2014

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We there for a week long mission trip. Eleanor and her family were amazing! Since we were such a big group we arranged for breakfast and an evening meal. Great food, local foods and fresh fruit everyday. She should have a cookbook. Some of or dentists on the trip went fishing, she graciously agreed to cook their catch. Red snapper , barracuda and lobster! So fresh and flavorful, amazing cook.
The rooms were clean, fresh towels everyday. AC nice and cool. The view was spectacular, walk down the block and dive into the sea. Friendly people every where.

Room Tip: We were in room 7, sleeps four. Away from the street, peaceful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susie G
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Very accommodating to our large group of twenty three. Two blocks from the ocean. Great roof top view. My first trip to Belize and I had heard there were going to be bugs and lizards everywhere. Saw one cockroach in our sink the whole week and that was it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Michelle614
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had to travel to Dangriga for a family tragedy recently and this hotel changed my perception of Dangriga Town. I had never stayed in a hotel in Dangriga as I have many relatives and friends in this town but owing to the sudden passing of a relative I took a chance and my first choice was Chaleanor ....The hotel is tucked away from all the town's madness and a fun place...and a wonderful garden ...excellent therapy for grief and sorrow. I stayed in a shared bath room and it was small but had exactly what was needed...The staff ...all mostly family were fun and accommodating they even had fresh fruit in the morning. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Belizebwai
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I came for a week to stay and ended up staying long term due to some personal issues. The usher family that own and run this hotel made my stay comfortable and stress free and they went out of their way to accommodate me. Even the staff was very hard working and always with a smile and helping hand. During my stay i had the honor of home cooked food by Mrs. Eleanor and it was finger licking . The rooms are clean and comfortable and did not have any complaints.i enjoyed complimentary coffee and bananas daily in the lobby. The place is well secured and noise free and free WiFi 24 hours.I highly recommend anyone visiting dangriga to stay at chaleanor hotel for night or few days and even for long term visitors.You will be satisfied and relaxed

Room Tip: Room 14 was my home and i have good memories of chaleanor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mike-balani
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel on July 3rd-4th, 2014. I must say, Miss Eleanor and her family and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Coffee and fruits was available daily, and the room was clean and very comfortable. Did I mention the spectacular view from the rooftop? It's a must-see. An air conditioned room cost a bit more, but it's worth every penny. The heat index can get pretty high.

Room Tip: The third floor is closest to the roof which is a great place to sit and watch the sun rise and set...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our annual mission trip Project Belize chose to try the Chaleanor Hotel this year for our group to stay and we couldn't have been happier or treated any better by this very warm and special Belizean family!

This is the heart of Belize... don't expect "fancy". Hopefully you don't want or need that here in Dangriga because if you do... you are in the wrong place! What you DO want and get here is CLEAN, SECURE and perfectly simple and well appointed rooms with AC and everything you need for a relaxed, refreshing stay ALL at a most reasonable and affordable price.

What you also get... AND DON'T EXPECT is being treated like family! Including the most amazing Belizean breakfast, hand prepared for you and served up on the roof top terrace.

There were smiles, picture taking and hugs all around when our group departed in the morning for our medical clinic work deep in the Toledo rainforest. Just as we were leaving, a bag of the most amazing fry jacks were tucked under my arm.... "just in case you get a little hungry", she said!

We WILL be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dangriga
Bonefish Hotel
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Thatch Caye Resort
Thatch Caye Resort
#2 of 2 in Coco Plum Cay

Been to Chaleanor Hotel? Share your experiences!