“Excellent Place to stay in Dangriga!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dangriga
Pelican Beach - Dangriga
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dangriga
Eaton, Colorado
“Excellent Place to stay in Dangriga!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thank you to Theresita and all the staff at Pelican Beach Resort in Dangriga! From convenience (5 minutes from airport) to 15 minute walk to main Dangriga, this quiet resort with excellent restaurant on site is the best place to stay! From setting up our Xunantunich/Cahal Pech trip with Bredda David (to the professional masseuses on the veranda of our room with views and ocean breeze (luxury!), you began our trip/vacation off to Glover's Reef in style!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Accommodations were clean and comfortable! Pelican's Pouch food was tasty and the bar was perfect! I would highly recommend Pelican Beach Resort/Dangriga and would plan on staying here again!

Congratulations again, on Pelican Beach South Cayes award from Outside Magazine!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here two nights, The room was great, the view was wonderful. It's right on the Caribbean. . So you have a breeze all the time. Just a short distance into Dangriga. The staff was great and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We arrived on April 3rd for two nights until we headed out to offthewall. We were picked up at the airport (could walk its that close). Checked in and taken to our room which was more than I was expecting! Very nice, clean, cable! small fridg and ac. The balcony had a great view of the water. I thought the food was good along with the service, Eli. We had no problems, even went into town bought some fruit and nuts. Dangriga is a very small town, non developed non wealthy area. People have to understand that. We felt safe there people were very friendly! Theresita was very helpful with our reservations. When we go to offthewall again we will stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms to the right of restaurant
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I did not get off to a great start at Pelican Beach. They did not come to get me at the airport, as arranged. I was exhausted since I had left home at 3am, so I didn't want to haul my suitcase down the rutted road, even though it wasn't far. They guys at the airport called the hotel several times and got no answer. Finally, one of the guys who worked there offered me a ride. Bless his heart! When I got to PBR, they showed me to a room that made me want to cry. There were windows, I will admit that, and it was sparkling clean, but the windows were up so high on the wall, the room felt extremely claustrophobic. But the young woman who showed me the room saw right away that I was a bit upset; she told me they were still cleaning some rooms and I could have one of them. Having realized by then that I had forgotten to pack my sandals, I walked into town to buy flip flops and when I came back, I had a beer on the patio (complimentary because of the missed airport pick up). And then they showed me to a room with no AC but with a lovely verandah overlooking the water. Part of the problem, I discovered, was that most of the rooms overlooking the restaurant and the water at the front of the hotel were being renovated. They are almost certainly done by now. But this is an old building and every room is different so it is hit or miss--and they had some kind of group there at the time. But the staff were wonderful, especially Stephanie at the desk. I only stayed one night as I was heading out to Glover's reef the next day, but I had an excelled dinner at the restaurant. I met some people there who invited me to go into town to hear some Garifuna drumming. We danced in the street with a crowd of locals and had a fabulous time, so overall, I have very good memories of Pelican Beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I was there for 2 days, for a conference that was using their facilities.
The food was excellent. The people working there were more than helpful. I was trying to find a way to get back to the city quickly and they gave me info for tropicair. Also, even though I wasn't staying with them, they gave me a ride over to the airstrip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We visited here on our way to the Pelican Beach Resort on South Water Caye island paradise.
We knew little of what to expect other than what friends reported and what we read on Trip Advisor. We were picked up at the airstrip and taken to the Dangriga property where the staff graciously stored our luggage for us so that we could get out and walk the town. We had a lovely lunch then were transferred by boat to the island resort. It began to rain as we set out for the island so we were give slickers.
At the island we were greeted warmly and given a tour of the island. We spent 3 too short days on the beach snorkeling or on a boat snorkeling. Our meals were hearty, very tasty and we greatly appreciate all the excellent care by Theresita, Altoon, Shemeka, Richie, our snorkeling guide, and other staff. Our cabin felt private, was quiet, very clean, and comfy.
People need to keep in mind that you may see something crawly but you are staying in jungle developed into a city or island resort. The scenery, peace, and delightful staff far surpass anything else. My only regret was that I wish we could have stayed longer. Next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GenevieveZ1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Pelican beach is on the water and there is sand and palm trees there but it is not anyone's idea of a beach. As it is on the lagoon and just north of Dangriga the water is often nurky and certainly no place to snorkel.
The hotel is old but clean and the staff are are very good.
We were only there for one night and we had a room #6 that had no outside windows and smelled musty even with the AC going full on.
There were sand flies on the pattio of the restaurant but the hotel provides bug spray and powerful fans to keep them away. This way we were able to eat breakfast lunch and dinner outside
It is very close (300m) to the airport and ideal for a night after returning from Glovers Reef.
There is nothing close by and a fairly long walk back into Dangriga.

Room Tip: Be sure not to get #6!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lizianp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dangriga
Chaleanor Hotel
#2 of 2 in South Water Caye
Thatch Caye Resort
Thatch Caye Resort
#2 of 2 in Coco Plum Cay

Been to Pelican Beach - Dangriga? Share your experiences!