“Best Housing Experience”
Review of Jungle Huts Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dangriga
Jungle Huts Resort
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed with the Usher's at Jungle Huts for two weeks. Not only was the family so very welcoming, they made sure that we had everything we needed. My room was clean and the food (must be arranged before hand) was the most delicious food ever prepared for me--Ms. Norna is a master chef. When I was there they were working on this upper deck of the dinning area--it was not finished but I imagine when completed it will be a nice addition. The Usher family is an honest family who deserves good business.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ariana C

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had a really good room for 55 dollars with tiled floor , en suite bathroom, ample hot water. Continuous supply of filter coffee and fast wifi. The breakfast was excellent value and the best we have seen in Belize. Philip was very helpful and took us to the bus station.. This place is streets above anywhere else in Dangriga. He has rooms in all price ranges I think we had the best room. The premises and garden are well kept and clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wouldn't stay anywhere besides Jungle Huts in Dangriga. The service was most excellent. The owner, Phil, was quick to fill any need we had. The location is great because it's a short (5 minute) walk to the main drag in town, and also to Yummy Yummy for amazing ice cream and a large market where you can purchase almost anything. Yet it's far enough away from town traffic to provide sound sleep. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Lonely Planet gave this hotel a good review so I talked my wife into staying there after 8 hours in a bus and taxi. We should have kept going south. The town Dangriga wasn't the greatest town I've stayed in. Then again I've never really been a hippie or into drumming.

The room was $45 us a night. We were right next to the common area and could hear the party right up to midnight. The hotel has a restaurant, but they only offer meals if u arrange it in advance. Our room didn't have hot water and the bathroom wasn't the cleanest. I wouldn't stay there again, but in all fairness, none of the hotel we did see in town looked great.

Room Tip: Stay in a different city
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevandstac
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Friendly upon arrival, but here it is 10 pm and the noise & techno music from downstairs is excruciating.
Thin mattresses & lumpy pillows with blood stains on my sheets has me tossing & turning and counting down the hours until I can flee this joint.
Free wifi & coffee & a great stewed chicken from the center of town isn't enough to EVER make me utter the name Dangriga again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Stullie
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in Dangriga for one evening as a stop between Hopkins and our flight from Belize City. "Uncle" Phil had a family wedding so only one cabana and a couple of rooms were available. Phil agreed to hold the room for Saturday with out a deposit because it was Christmas and the city's ATM's were empty... Meals were available if reservations were made but with the main street only a couple blocks away and the obligations on the resort from the wedding we chose to eat out for both dinner and breakfast the next morning. The Dangriga airport is a short drive and Phil took us on a short tour before getting us to make out plane. Everyone was helpful and the rooms were clean. We were given use of the kitchen refrigerator and the main seating area. Phil was great host and full of stories and tips. We will stay again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our stay at Jungle Huts was very nice. We stayed there for 3 nights, and every day they wanted to clean our room, but only with permission from us.
We stayed in a budget room and it was perfect for us. Clean, comfortable and with a nice bed.
The owner, Philip, helped us with renting bicycles and setting up a tour to the Blue Hole National Park, which was very nice.
Overall we would really recommend this place if your staying in Dangriga.

• Stayed: January 2013

Been to Jungle Huts Resort? Share your experiences!