“A place to visit”

Gulisi Garifuna Museum
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Dangriga
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our time in this museum. It was informative and interesting. The young lady who was our guide really made the stop. worthwhile.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I normally don't like going through a museum with a guide, but she was excellent and really added to all the displays. We learned a lot and really enjoyed it.

1  Thank Nona C
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This is small museum worth a stop if in area. Some artifacts, nothing incredible. Lots of photos. Some drums, was hoping for older specimens.

2  Thank Gregory S
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love it when culture is preserved here in Belize. The Garifuna people in this country have a wonderful heritage, rich in tradition. Dangriga and area have a lot of Garifuna people residing in the area, and they have done a wonderful job in sharing this beautiful culture at the museum. Very informative and espressive!

2  Thank Terry W
Reviewed February 22, 2013

$10 entry to this small museum felt quite reasonable especially when you consider it is going to a good cause.

The Garifuna people have quite the history, and an intriguingly complicated language, (at least to me)!

The museum itself is fairly small and contains some photographs and mostly writing. Indeed I had found a lot of the information in the museum before hand wither through my guide book, or some basic research on the history of Belize on the internet. Therefore nothing blew me away, but again it's for a good cause. Great if you don't have the background knowledge going in.

1  Thank Doug D