“Excellent food!”

Dining options: Dinner
Corozal Town, Belize
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food is simply awesome. The place has recently renovated so it is nicer inside. The nice thing is that you can see the chef actually cooking your meal.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kyn2011

Brussels
“Best meal I had in Belize!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I decided to go to this place on New Year's Eve, just to have some different food, as I was growing a bit tired do the local fare. I ordered Lamb Korma and it was absolutely delicious!! And such a big portion that I couldn't finish it all. It came with rice. I paid $16 BZ and thought it was really worth it. My friend ordered a spinach-cheese dish and also enjoyed it. They have purified water there for free, so it's not necessary to order a drink. I only saw one table in the place; I wonder what they do if they have more customers .... ?

The only negative point is that the restaurant looks pretty unkempt and even a bit dirty, both exterior and interior. It would be a good idea if they cleaned the floor once in awhile. It did take a long time before the food was served, but once I tasted it I understood why! A fresh coat of paint and a few Indian decorations on the walls would spruce up its appearance. But if you can overlook the aesthetic aspect, you can truly enjoy some fantastic freshly- cooked Indian food.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Janet W
Sarteneja, Belize
“Got sick”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food tasted great and that was the only place I ate that day. Got sick. Think they do not cook with bottled water. Poor sad looking inside and out.

Visited June 2013
Corozal Town, Belize
“Your curry source in Corozal”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

OK, it might be the only place serving Indian food and it might take a while before you get it, but it is worth it: well spiced, big portions and the price is right. If he has his pickled carrots (he does not always have them), do ask for them.
I'd recommend Venky's as a take-away place, since there is not much ambiance inside (it is what people would call a "hole in the wall"). The seafront park is just around the corner.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stay in Corozal just for Venke's cooking!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

What can I say but "Oh My GOSH" this is the most amazing Indian food I have ever had, and I spent one month in India! I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was incredible. Venke is from India and really knows how to cook authentic Indian food. His restaurant is a whole in the wall and it takes an hour to get your food but it is totally worth it, we wish we could have stayed longer in Corozal just for his food.

He doesn't serve beer so we ordered our meal then wLked two blocks for some cheap beer and brought it back to his place. The meals are big enough to split between two people with normL appetites.

Seriously, if you like Indian food, make a special trip to Corozal to visit Venke's.

• Visited January 2013