Almond Tree Hotel Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$139
$88
The Sea Breeze Hotel(Corozal Town)(Great Value!)
$45
$50
Priceline
Hotel Noor(Chetumal)
$41
Hotel Casa Blanca(Chetumal)(Great Value!)
$32
$23
$37
$65
$62
Hotel Juliette(Chetumal)
$33
$31
All reviewsmade us feelthe ownerbeautiful poolcorozal baythird worldplace to stayant eaterpositive reviewsgreat dishesmobility issueslovely propertyentire stayvisiting friendsbeautiful countrystaff friendly and accommodatinghope to returntalented chef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for only one night.
Everything's ok, but the restaurant was a bit...
I only had breakfast there, it costed me more than 30 Belize dollar for a coffee and some bread + an omelet...
Hope that was the mistake made by restaurant staff...

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Jamesoq
wheretogoBelize, Owner at Almond Tree Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Hello,
Since I do not have your name & was not sure what date you stayed with us, I looked through our tickets for February and March for a $15 USD ticket and did not see one. If you could email me I would like to make sure that there was not mistake. Thank you sincerely, Lynn I realize you did not like the price. I hoped you enjoyed the breakfast.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thank you Lynn and Winston (lol, couldn't resist Wilson) and Travis for your warmth, hospitality and fantastic service. And Philippe, you my friend are the best chef ever! Having 2 sets of double doors that stay open to allow the smell, breeze & sound in was a genius idea. Hats off to a great place

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We happened upon Almond Tree on the last leg of our 3 week stay in Belize, it was absolutely wonderful, Lynn and her staff and pets, made our stay the most relaxing part of our trip. We were treated like royalty! Phillipe the chef asked every morning what we would like for dinner and what time and dinner was always prepared exceptionally and served by Winston the delightfull bartender. The suite was perfect, everything we could have asked for. We will be going back for sure!

Room Tip: If you are staying longer than one night and TV is important, as well as your own Coffee maker, book a suite, but all rooms are wonderful. Also take a blow dryer if it is important, corner suites are awesome but there are only 2, book early.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carrie B
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and were delighted to see Rocky, the Coati mundi walk pass our door every day. Pepper the dog was a delight and very smart and our companion. Nevada was a real sweetheart. Having the dogs around made it so relaxing - it was like being at home. We were the only the guests for a few days and had the best of “a private” house and a staff. When other guests arrived it wasn’t as private (as another guest stated in their review) to leave the curtains open while lounging in our pj’s. The Internet is slow – so don’t bring the computer to work (you are on vacation!) Lynn helped us arrange getting some of our laundry done - which was a very nice service that we needed. Even though we weren’t on a schedule, we missed having a clock. There wasn’t a microwave, but the deluxe room has a stove which we did not use. We stocked up on water during our bike rides into town and the fridge keep things nice and cool. Lynn was very nice to work with and we greatly enjoyed our frequent visits with her. She and Bob are excellent hosts and enjoy chatting with guests. Tours from the hotel can be booked with VIP Transfer Service. We recommend the Cerros Maya ruins (right across the bay) and the Santa Rita ruins in town. Lynn helped us arrange a tour to the Lamanai ruins - a wonderful day trip! Sunny’s Ice Cream is a 20 minute walk and worth it! We ate at restaurant in the Almond Tree, which was very good – kudos to Filipe, their chef! We were also impressed with the attention that Wilson paid to us, making sure that all our needs were met during our stay. The restaurant doesn’t serve pizza (yet) so a short walk down the road to Blues was a nice change. We spent a lot time relaxing by the sea and by the pool. If you want a lot of action this is not a place to stay for a length of time….if you want to “veg” this is it!

Room Tip: We stayed one night in Efficiency #4 - which was nice. We upgraded to the deluxe room for the rest of our 9 day stay which was spacious and better suited our needs. Recommend this room for a long stay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madwisctraveler
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed one night as we passed through Corozal. It is a beautiful resort. Quiet with a visit with from a local coatimundi who just wanted to see who was visiting his house. The room was large and vert clean. It was wonderful falling asleep to the waves breaking on the beach only a few yards away. There is a restaurant and bar on the premise and although I understand it is very good, we were the only ones there at that time so it wasn't busy at all. I felt like it was OUR house with our own cook.

My only reservation was that I did NOT like that the rooms have their doors and windows on the ocean that people could walk by to get to their own rooms. I would have loved to open the doors and windows, but I felt so uncomfortble that someone could walk by and see me in bed. So we opened the louvers a little and put the curtains in front of the doors. It is NOT a private place if there are too many people milling around.

Room Tip: There is a wonderful corner room that is a suite. A lovely room with a good value.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple