“Wonderful hospitality/ great hosts Bob and Lynn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Almond Tree Hotel Resort

Almond Tree Hotel Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Corozal Town
“Wonderful hospitality/ great hosts Bob and Lynn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

A great find! This hotel is just beautiful! We added a few days in Belize to our recent trip to Mexico. Lynn booked our flight to the island of Ambergreis Key and was kind enough to hold our large bags until we got back. Located in Corozal right across the border and less than 10 minutes to the Airport to fly to the island. The town is a bit sleepy but very nice people. Our room was very clean and updated. Lynn and her Staff have a great menu and we enjoyed both our dinner and breakfast with home made jam and salsa. The pool is very nice and some of the rooms have an ocean view. You will be surprised how nice it is!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Bethwidell
wheretogoBelize, Owner at Almond Tree Hotel Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I hope we see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time staying at the Almond Tree the end of October. Owners Lynn and Bob hit the mark with their attention to detail. Driving onto the manicured property and walking through the huge wooden double doors to check in you get the feeling you've come to the right place. Room furnishings were much more upscale than I expected. The bed was perfect and we slept well to the sound of the Bay. We liked the location because it was quiet and peaceful, away from traffic. Just a short drive or walk to town. We had both dinner and breakfast there and found the food to be fresh and quite tasty. You have to try the "fry jacks" for breakfast. YUM! The entire staff was very friendly and made you feel cared for and about. At first we were surprised because our room didn't have a coffee pot or TV (some did). By the end we were glad because it caused us to linger in the dining room/bar more often where we met other very interesting travelers. Almond Tree may cost a tad more than other hotels in that area but you get what you pay for. This is a charming, clean, safe and friendly place to stay. We would love to go back.
P S: We got a kick out of Rocky the pet Coatamundi and looked for her when she wasn't around.

Room Tip: Several different size rooms with a variety of accomodations are available. Kitchens, sofas, tv, et...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda K
Thank you for adding all the details in your review. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Bob and Lynn are the best host you will ever find.
I have been to many places in this world and can say the Almond Tree is one place I would love to go back to and I am planning to do so. I have stayed at another place for one night and got out quickly.
The quality at the Almond is over the top. Food? I’m from Montreal so, I know quality food but I must warn you! After dinning in the lounge one can only come away with a smile.
At first I tough the price was a little high for the region but compared to Cancun and other places it’s fairly priced.
Just for reference; I have stayed at places in Switzerland to Haiti and can say this. It will not be disappointing. Seeing this is a relatively new place since I have ventured to the Almond Tree in Feb.2010 gathered from the new photo's it's getting even better.. Nice!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review! Nice to see you are still thinking of us & checking us out on Trip advisor. I will be having some new photos on my web site. Thank you again!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Planned to stay just one night when passing through to Ambergris but couldnt bring myself to leave without spending an extra night in the comfiest bed ive known in years (nice firm memory foam with wonderful luxurious linens).
Whole place was amazing in particular the charming hospitality throughout my stay from everybody there, dogs included.
The food was fantastic, the swimming pool lovely and the view awesome.
I cant recommend strongly enough for a relaxing few nights!

Room Tip: The bay view was stunning but the wifi was poor from that side so i used my pc in the bar and relaxe...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Cstat
Thank you! It is nice to hear nice things about my staff. Particularily while I was away.
I hope I have the chance to meet you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I know some other hotels in Corozal and they are also ok but for price, service and quality the rather new Almond Tree wins the best hotel award in fact on their bar top was an award from the Belize Hotel Association as Hotel of the Year. Seeing this on arrival i was excited and i was not disappointed. The owner Lynn and her husband (who's name i did not get) have created a wonderful boutique style property, prices are good, food and service great and rooms very comfortable, I even made the mistake of thanking the owner for a free upgrade when i got the room I had paid for. I did not expect the room on the ocean at that price. did not use the pool but it looked lovely and the landscape was very manicured. My room was spacious, high ceiling, very fat fluffy settee, free wifi (YEAH) hot strong shower and a dream sleep bed, i think i fell asleep in two seconds. We had just travelled back from Brazil so maybe that helped but the beds were plump, high thread count and what appeared to be memory foam. Chatted to other guests at breakfast who had all enjoyed and even extended their stay in the hotel. Lamanai ruins are close by and there is a national park (i think it is called Sartaneja) on the doorstep, The town does not seem to offer much but i am sure there is bags to do outside the town and Chetumal in Mexico is just over the border with all the shopping in the world you would ever need. Breakfast was wonderful, first time i had a plate with a flower on it very cute. Don't be shocked by Rocky he is an adorable looking if a little shy Coatamundi (not sure the spelling) or racoon type animal who hangs around waiting for attention. I have pictured i will post later once downloaded from my phone. Highly recommend this little gem, you could even stay here and visit San Pedro on a day trip and the room price is less than half of mots island hotels. Will come back with the family next time for a few days to explore the area.

Room Tip: I visited the rooms of my other travellers, one had a room the size of a football field and it was o...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Vanilla_Custard
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

As others have mentioned, the Almond Tree may not be the cheapest but it certainly is the best for a stay in Corozal. Their website does not come close to doing justice to this gem. Lynn and her staff made us feel like we were visiting a friend rather than staying in a hotel. We stayed in room #1, which is a beautiful suite with kitchen, eating area, queen-size bed and large living room with a flat panel TV. The living room has lots of windows and doors on to the patio overlooking the Bay. Vivien, the bartender/cook/waitress, was always warm and welcoming. I spent each morning on the patio, playing with Rocky, the coatimundi, and Pepper, one of the dogs. Lynn helped is celebrate our wedding anniversary with a bottle of champagne and a great lobster tail dinner. We also met another couple who were also in Belize to take a look at it for a potential retirement spot, and we had some great discussions at the bar and during dinner. We discovered that the Almond Tree had one of the better restaurants in the area, even though it has a limited menu. All the food was fresh and prepared to order. It helped that we had rented a car since Corozal Town is about 2 miles from the hotel. Staying at the Almond Tree was a great start to our visit to Belize and it was hard to remember that we actually had to pay when departing! This was a perfect place to relax and unwind - we would definitely stay here again next time we visit Belize.

Room Tip: Ask for room #1 if you want a TV and kitchen. All rooms are on the second floor with no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Thanks to Lynn And Bob for making our first visit to Belize so memorable. From the time of our arrival to our reluctant departure we were made to feel really welcome. Ray and Vivien went out of their way to assist in anything we requested. Once again thanks for making our trip to beautiful Belize so enjoyable

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
almondtreeresortbz, Owner at Almond Tree Hotel Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
You were a pleasure to have. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and Vivian and Ray will be very happy with your comment. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corozal Town
#5 of 9 in Bacalar
Capital Plaza Hotel
Capital Plaza Hotel
#3 of 21 in Chetumal

Been to Almond Tree Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!