“An Absolute Gem”
Review of RD's Diner

RD's Diner
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Corozal Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: RD's Diner serves Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Our menu ranges from Finger food to gourmet dishes. All entree are freshly prepared from scratch. Our local dishes (Rice & Beans / Stew Chicken / Cowfoot Soup/ Jerk pork Ribs & Chicken / Smoked pork Ribs) are cooked on a wood fire furnace. Available daily, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha & Frappe drinks, also Milk Shakes & Ice Cream (Sundaes & Banana Split).We prepare a daily special that ranges from Caribbean to International dishes.We also do Pizza and pasta dishes. We cater for large groups and have a seating capacity of 50. Our opening hours are from 8:00 a.M. To 11:00 p.M. From Monday to Saturday. Reservations recommended to avoid inconvenience.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“An Absolute Gem”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Can't say enought about Rick and his cooking skill. Everything was exceptional,Cowfoot soup (don't forget to ask for his special pepper),Goat curry.We had long discussions about recipes. Belizian culture somewhat similar to Guyanese,being British and all.Our short visit in Corozal was very pleasant made muchso by Rick,his 2 sons and staff.
Thanks Rick, we will see you again.

• Visited January 2013
ChefRick_RDs, Owner at RD's Diner, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
At RD's We prepare all our food fresh, if it's a party of one or party of ten, each entree is individually prepared and plated to ensure your satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is our goal and aspiration, in taste, flavor, quality and service. We express a big THANK YOU for your compliments and review and look forward to your next visit and many more...

Belize City, Belize, Belize
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

i love tghe peaceful atmosphere, the great food and tghe wonderful and friendly service..anyone looking for a classy but affordable restaurant in Corozal, u must visit!!!

• Visited October 2012
Belize City, Belize
“Simply the best”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is with great pleasure that i write a review for RD's Restaurant. When in the Corozal Area and you are looking for a nice comfortable environment, excellent food and warm hospitality, RD's Diner is the place to be. Rick have strive to ensure that a person is always satisfied when dining there. Coming from someone who likes the finer things in life, i must say that RD's satisfied my every needs. I keep going back because the tasty food is always consistent, the restaurant is always clean, nicely decorated and welcoming. It is a place where you can dine alone and still feel special as the staff is very warm and ensures to check in to satisfy your every request or you can come as a group and still feel the love and appreciate by the owner and his friendly efficient staff.

I have requested Rick's to host functions for my job only because i am confident that he will give them a wonderful dining experience. I must say of all those functions rick have catered for us, there were great reviews and expressions of satisfaction. I have also used RD's as a place to take my teenagers on their outings. the girls truly felt special to have their picture taken and placed on the "wall of fame" by Mr Rick himself. I give RD's two thumbs up, and its a must visit when in Belize. when dining at RD's i dont get the feeling that i am just another customer, i get that warm feeling appreciate as if i am family.

• Visited January 2013
ChefRick_RDs, Owner at RD's Diner, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks satisfied customer, our food yes is prepare freshly a la carta, which does make a difference in taste, consistency & healthy eating.

We go beyond d call 2 ensure customers feel at home and welcome.

Thanks again.
Belize City, Belize
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“an amazing time at R'Ds Dinner”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

the best food, ambiance and decor in town,Services are incomparable locally and the food exquisite are reasonable prices and it is in the center of town.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shanz1992
Chandler, Arizona
“I am so happy I disregarded the few bad reviews!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Despite the review written by Rick B of Orlando, Florida, we decided to have breakfast at RD's Diner. We got to the restaurant a little before 10AM and it appeared to be gone! The sign was clearly visible alongside the building but everything was shuttered up. We walked around the structure looking for it's entrance without success. As we were about to leave, a vehicle pulls up and a gentleman comes over to us appologizing for being closed. He told us he was there till 1AM last night and got a late start to open. He was very gracious and invited us in, pulling up the metal rolling shutters revealing an attractive little restaurant! He turned on the A/C for us and we chose a table. The first thing we noticed was his friendly demeanor and hospitality as well as the very nice decorations and 100's of protographs of his happy clients almost covering 2 walls. He gave us the menu and we ordered breakfast. It was if we were in a friend's home invited for breakfast. My wife ordered eggs, bacon and hash browns, and coffee and I had a cup of tea, hash browns and bacon, both served with a big basket of hot fry-jacks, with a side of sugar and of fruit jam. The bacon was crisp and delicious, very flavorful and my wife's eggs were cooked just as ordered. Rick, the owner/chef is a former government chemist from Punta Gorda who has mastered the science/art of cooking! We discussed his love of ethics and order, having posted a sign on the door prohibiting all sorts of bad or inappropriate behavior like foul language, inebriation, inappropriate public displays of affection and overall those things that don't belong in a public place. If the world were more orderly and respectful of others you wouldn't need such rules but I commend Rick for his stand and desire to have a descent environment for his customers. The negative review I mentioned appears fabricated to me. We learned that he had BBQ pork ribs as a lunch special so we wanted to return that evening for dinner and Rick said he would put aside a portion for me. He makes his own BBQ sauce which turned out to be excellent. His cooking is done on a fire hearth and he told me no one else in town cooks like that. He gave us a tour of his kitchen, everything quite neat and clean. The aforementioned hearth is actually a wood fired brick grill, giving some of the foods a wonderful smokey flavor.
So here we are eating 2 meals at RD's, wonderful meals. I highly recommend his ribs and the wife had 2 tender 6 oz pork chops cooked creole style. He also makes an excellent salad dressing and one of the best pineapple juice drinks in town. As you can see I love this place, it has great food and family values and I can't help but give it 5 stars!
I will add few photos later.

• Visited October 2012