“Best stop in Corozal Town”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corozal Town
The Sea Breeze Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corozal Town
Regina, SK
“Best stop in Corozal Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

Great place to stay for the best coffee in Belize served with a super homemade breakfast and great conversations around the bar after a hard day touring around. The rooms are not impressive but you will be so relaxed you won't care. I'd go back in a minute.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cher4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Travelling alone, the Sea Breeze was a welcome stay for three nights. Gwyn creates a great atmosphere, and the other guests were a pleasure. My room was clean; the bed was comfortable; the hot water was great. I hope to return to Belize and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

I did take the boat to San Pedro. The crossing was a bit rough, even though the sea wasn't. There are no facilities on board, so I strongly suggest that you eat and drink nothing long before boarding! I didn't know that you can take another ferry from San Pedro to Caye Caulkner. While you could do it there and back in a day from Corozal, I'd try to plan for an overnight stay. Next time for me!

Be sure to ask Gwyn about getting to Patty's Bistro for dinner. Simply the best!

And by all means, plan on cooling off in the bay from the dock across the street from the Sea Breeze. Not to be missed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Wordtech
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

We turned up fairly late in Corozal and headed here because of the good reviews on trip advisor. There weren't many rooms left in the hotel, so we were given one of the cheaper ones at the back of the hotel. It was clean (and cheap), but felt very dark and in need of some repairs. I was feeling a little disappointed until I realised the hotel had a terrace and small bar, looking out over the water. The owner and others happily chatted with us, and made us feel at home - for me they would be the reason to go back (and I'd book a better room in advance!)

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Cozumel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

I stayed at the Sea Breeze hotel for 3 nights and had an excellent time with Gwyn, his other hotel guests and local expats that frequent the bar. Friendly service, a clean & comfortable room, great breakfast with fresh OJ and coffee, and the price is right. I wouldn't stay anywhere else on my next visit to Corozal!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank teachinginparadise
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

We stayed at the Sea Breeze Hotel in October. Having travelled overland from Mexico we arrived at the bus station & began walking in the direction of the hotel. After only a few minutes a pickup truck stopped & asked if we were going to the Sea Breeze Hotel, after we confirmed we was the guy said 'hop in the back i'll take you there i'm the owner'. That was our first introduction to Glynn. He proved invaluable source of local knowledge. It was my 40th birthday whilst staying there & I wanted to do something special. Glynn told us about the flights that run from Corozol to San Pedro & what to expect once we were there. Excellent, so off we all went to the airport, Glynn made sure we got the discounted tickets (available if you pay cash) & took us back into town. What a guy!! how many other hotel owners go out of their way like this?? On my birthday Glynn took us back to the airport at 7am for our flights. Once on San Pedro we booked a snorkelling trip out to Shark Ray Alley, which was one of the most fantastic experiences either of us had ever had. San Pedro is beautiful, laid back & very accomadating (would defo recommend a trip out if only for the day) Once back in Corozal we again stayed at the Sea Breeze. The hotel sells beer & spirits & has a balcony which overlooks the harbour. Everybody who stays at the hotel all sit and chat about their days over a 'Belikan' beer & is a great opportunity to hear of other travellers stories & of course recommendations. We were both very sad to leave the Sea Breeze as we felt such at home there. A big thank you to Glynn & Amy (who cooks home made bread for breakfast)

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

My friend and I began our tour of Belize at the Sea Breeze and ended it there as well. It was an excellent "jumping off" point to make local day trips to Lamanai, Cerros and spots around Corozal, which is an interesting town to begin with. Our host Gwyn Lawrence and his staff welcomed us as family and made us feel right at home. The hotel was spotless and rooms very pleasant. We befriended many ex-pats as it is both a quiet spot for relaxation and a hub of daily activity. Food and drinks were excellent. We had air conditioning available in our room as well as fans. There's a dock directly opposite the hotel to watch the wildlife. Many restaurants within walking distance and bikes available too. Wish I was there now!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pattimontreal
saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

Comfort, security, The Sea Breeze is a great place to stay. I stayed for a week, just exploring the area,The Sea Breeze was just right. It has clean basic rooms - but with some very good "extras"... The Sea Breeze has great coffee in the morning,and they cook a nice breakfast . Gwyn is the owner,and is always around to answer questions about Corozal, and Belize. He suggested great places to eat, stuff to do, and drove me to drop off my rental car... all very much appreciated. Remember this is Central America, and it's nice to have a "Gwyn" in your corner. There is a small bar on site, and travellers,
locals, and expats drop by for a visit, and a cool drink, It's a great place to sit on the balcony listen to music, have a conversation with interesting folks, and watch life go by on Corozal Bay. I had a nice time at the Sea Breeze - I am sure you will too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
George Hardie's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Capital Plaza Hotel
Capital Plaza Hotel
#3 of 21 in Chetumal

Been to The Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!