“Wonderful hotel, very friendly owner & staff”

The Sea Breeze Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corozal Town
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We stayed at the Sea Breeze Hotel in October. Having travelled overland from Mexico we arrived at the bus station & began walking in the direction of the hotel. After only a few minutes a pickup truck stopped & asked if we were going to the Sea Breeze Hotel, after we confirmed we was the guy said 'hop in the back i'll take you there i'm the owner'. That was our first introduction to Glynn. He proved invaluable source of local knowledge. It was my 40th birthday whilst staying there & I wanted to do something special. Glynn told us about the flights that run from Corozol to San Pedro & what to expect once we were there. Excellent, so off we all went to the airport, Glynn made sure we got the discounted tickets (available if you pay cash) & took us back into town. What a guy!! how many other hotel owners go out of their way like this?? On my birthday Glynn took us back to the airport at 7am for our flights. Once on San Pedro we booked a snorkelling trip out to Shark Ray Alley, which was one of the most fantastic experiences either of us had ever had. San Pedro is beautiful, laid back & very accomadating (would defo recommend a trip out if only for the day) Once back in Corozal we again stayed at the Sea Breeze. The hotel sells beer & spirits & has a balcony which overlooks the harbour. Everybody who stays at the hotel all sit and chat about their days over a 'Belikan' beer & is a great opportunity to hear of other travellers stories & of course recommendations. We were both very sad to leave the Sea Breeze as we felt such at home there. A big thank you to Glynn & Amy (who cooks home made bread for breakfast)

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2009

My friend and I began our tour of Belize at the Sea Breeze and ended it there as well. It was an excellent "jumping off" point to make local day trips to Lamanai, Cerros and spots around Corozal, which is an interesting town to begin with. Our host Gwyn Lawrence and his staff welcomed us as family and made us feel right at home. The hotel was spotless and rooms very pleasant. We befriended many ex-pats as it is both a quiet spot for relaxation and a hub of daily activity. Food and drinks were excellent. We had air conditioning available in our room as well as fans. There's a dock directly opposite the hotel to watch the wildlife. Many restaurants within walking distance and bikes available too. Wish I was there now!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pattimontreal
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Comfort, security, The Sea Breeze is a great place to stay. I stayed for a week, just exploring the area,The Sea Breeze was just right. It has clean basic rooms - but with some very good "extras"... The Sea Breeze has great coffee in the morning,and they cook a nice breakfast . Gwyn is the owner,and is always around to answer questions about Corozal, and Belize. He suggested great places to eat, stuff to do, and drove me to drop off my rental car... all very much appreciated. Remember this is Central America, and it's nice to have a "Gwyn" in your corner. There is a small bar on site, and travellers,
locals, and expats drop by for a visit, and a cool drink, It's a great place to sit on the balcony listen to music, have a conversation with interesting folks, and watch life go by on Corozal Bay. I had a nice time at the Sea Breeze - I am sure you will too.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank maxwellp
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Stayed there when looking for a long term place to rent in the area and could not have come to a better place. Gwyn is a great host, ready to give any advice you need. Having settled down here, I regularly come back, now as a bar guest.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Exiloecher
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My wife and I stayed at The Sea Breeze Hotel for one week August 11th-18th. Gwyn, the owner, and Sandra, his cook, could not be better hosts. We had a nice room for the money and great breakfast in the morning! Gwyn filled us in on many tidbits about Belize and Central America in general. Bad news for us, that our cameras we'd picked up (disposables) didn't take. We had some great pictures of the town, hotel, and a great one of Gwyn and Sandra. Guess we'll have to visit again to take more.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlesbobocat
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Good spot in town for a one night stay or ten. Security taken seriously here! Good spot for breakfast, american style or local. Great litle bar everyday from say 4-10 pm that faces the bay and has a balcony. Freindly expats and locals that stop in and out and sometimes even bring free eats! Hard not to feel welcome. Boat available to run you across the bay to Ruins. If the owner's not too busy he offers guests rides to airport, bus, other areas of town. Free internet to check your e-mail or get info on your next location. Close to anything in Corozal. If you need or want something, speak up, the staff will most likey take care of you. Even a dock with small swim area acoss the street to take a little dip and cool off. Down to earth spot & people. Need white table cloths try elsewhere. Thanks for a great time Gwyn!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnAZ
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I was directed to The Sea Breeze Hotel by a local at the Northern Transport bus terminal. After inquiring about rates at several local hotels along the way, I continued the short walk to the Sea Breeze and settled into an "Economy" room for only US$20/night. Although somewhat dated, the room was clean, quiet, secure and cool - even without air conditioning. I also had a hot water shower and great cable tv. Bike rentals are available, too.

The nice, interesting people there, including local staff and international expats and guests, created a very warm, inviting and engaging environment without overdoing it. The delicious breakfasts and cold beers on the breezy upstairs patio overlooking the sea reminded me of the simple pleasures in life. I will certainly stay at The Sea Breeze next time I'm in Corozal! Thanks again Gwyn for a great stay and for keeping it real.

Craig

#3 of 12 in Corozal
Fiesta Inn Chetumal
Fiesta Inn Chetumal
#2 of 20 in Chetumal

Been to The Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!