“Quaint and Quiet”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corozal Town
Clovis, New Mexico
“Quaint and Quiet”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I wanted to look at Belize as a possible semi-retirement option. Not being sure if I would buy in Belize or lease, after lots of reading blogs and speaking to others firsthand I decided to go on a bit of a relaxing fact finding tour. I looked around a bit and being on a budget decided on the Sea Breeze Hotel which was right on the water. I would say it has a bit of B&B style to it access to the kitchen and that sort of thing. The staff was super nice and if you want to know about anything around the area the owner can point you in the right direction. The breakfast served at 0800 (due to staff and bus schedule) was made to order for $5 USD, as for lunch lots of small places but Jam Rock with open air seating and the best wings I tried in Belize was outstanding and served with slaw and fries. I had a great time and will be back I visited October 12-20, 2013.

Room Tip: I stayed with no AC and only felt it would have been nice one night. Other rooms had AC if you wante...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 19Aaron69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Best place for value, cleanliness and hospitality. Right on the ocean, beautiful. Recommend to anyone. Room was clean and comfortable. WIFI worked well, good speed/signal. Easy walking to shops and market. Very little traffic noise. Friendly owner "Gwyn". Can hook you up. Seemed to know "was happenin" Very affordable price. Just loved it.

Room Tip: Book well in advance
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JustHarry
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Sea Breeze Hotel in Corozal in early November 2013. The ocean-front location, facilities and hospitality are the best in town! We had a great upstairs outside room with private bathroom, with use of the kitchen and common areas including a great bar/lounge area and patio. Wifi and hot shower were delightful and welcome perks of our stay here. Thanks to Gwyn and his great team, including Beverley, for a wonderful stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eatrunsee
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I intended to stay here for a day or two, but kept extending my stay. Gwyn, Beverly and Red (the dog) along with the community make this place!

Gwyn is a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help you get to your next stop. Or, sit around the bar and let him tell you stories from his youth! You will have a great time. Beverly makes a wonderful breakfast.

The accomadations are basic, but include cable TV. The room was very clean, something I appreciated from budget establishments more since I've been traveling for the last month. I opted for a non-air conditioned room. I was surprisingly comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank CopperGolden
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed October 24, 2013

For those of who need a solid WiFI signal The Sea Breeze worked great. Enjoyed a morning cup of Belizian coffee, surfing the net while looking out at the great ocean view from the second floor.

The owner, is a British expat, so there was a decent level of service. Air conditioner, not in all rooms, worked great in the room I had. You need it as it was quite hot and humid by mid afternoon.

Water pressure was excellent as was the heat although there was no water for 8 hours one night but was a issue outside of the hotel.

The good restaurants, Primos, I believe was the name is on the other side of the town so I enjoyed a nice 20 minute morning walk for a bite to eat at lunch as well as as enjoy the dark and very strong Belikin beer. I wish it was imported into Mexico as it is quite good.

Corozal Town an interesting small city of 10,000 people. The country itself only has about 335,000 people and English language is spoken with ease by just about everybody which was nice.

I was in Belize to renew my next six months of staying in Mexico on a "tourist card". Yes, American you can live in Mexico for six months then leave for seventy-two hours then come back into Mexico for six months with no hassle. I either go to Guatemala, Belize or back to Texas and this time chose to go to Belize. The trip took seven hours from the northern Yucatan city of Merida which is the capital by the way and a million people. Considered to be the "safest" city to live in Mexico. It's true:)

Happy trails...

GringoYuca

hillcountrynetradio dot com

Merida, Yucatan - Austin, Texas

Room Tip: Lowest price for the ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GringoYuca T
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited Corozal for a week during September. Stayed at the Sea Breeze the entire time. It is an economy, no frills hotel. However, it was exceptionally clean, had no problem being barefoot in the room. The bathroom and shower were fine. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The cable TV will satisfy anyone, however I didn't see and flat screen/HD televisions. The WiFi was iffy at times, had to move around to find best signal strength. The hotel, located in the northern end of town was within easy walking distance to all of the downtown area. Gwyn, the business owner, was a great host and source of local knowledge. He will do anything possible to help. Beverly, the cook/housekeeper/girl Friday, was a jewel. Take time to visit with her and ask about the farm she and her family own. A fascinating story and will give you a great insight into the local culture. Finally, if it is available, be sure to ask for the fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast! Delicious!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank chefpeppers
weltbürger
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had only planned to stay there for 1 night & move on to Chetumal the very next morning.
Instead we were shocked to realize that we had forgotten our passports in a fisherman village - about a 3 hour bus drive from Corozal! With a bus connection only twice a day!

Before panic fully set in we met Gwen - the owner of Sea Breeze in Corozal. He SAVED us!!!!
Gwen immediately made phone calls, wrote text messages & emails and came up with 3!!!! rescue plans for us getting our passports back asap.
It all worked out with zero effort for us and we had our passports back in our hands the very next day.
Since he is not only the best passport rescuer in Belize but also really fun to drink a beer with we stayed another night at his clean & very economic place.
We enjoyed our stay very much! Thank you for everything Gwen!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 12 in Corozal
Hotel Casa Blanca
Hotel Casa Blanca
#5 of 20 in Chetumal

Been to The Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!