“"Best Deal In Town"”

Ranked #16 of 34 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“"Best Deal In Town"”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Rolson Cocina,Cantina & Hotel is the best place to stay when in western Belize.
Sonia and Orlando, the owners, will treat you like family, and their staff are friendly and very helpful.
I only stayed 6 days on this trip, but I, and my wife, usually stay 10 days, twice a year, February and August.
We are already plannung our February 2011 trip to Belize, and looking forward to staying at the "Rolson."

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
IL
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This hotel is AMAZING! They are completely accommodating to your every need. In the small town San Ignacio there is no place that I would rather stay. The owners are two of the nicest people I have ever met. They are so kind and caring they will always ask you how your stay is and make sure that everything is how you need. Probably the best thing about the hotel is the restaurant. The food is amazing! It is by far the best food in San Ignacio with out standing service. I completely loved this hotel and would go back in a heart beat. This was my second stay I both times were amazing!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank dgrhtlkkl
Unitedville, Belize
Reviewed December 17, 2009

Once again Sonia and Orlando and their staff have made us feel at home!
Yummy food, comfy beds, the rooms are spotless clean, and the moonrises were spectacular!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrigitteBachmann
Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2009

From the moment I arrived, both Orlando and Sonia Castellanos and there service staff could not be more inviting. Sonia allowed me to check in early and offered me a soft drink, since I'm sure I looked tired and road worn. Rooms were clean and neat and the food was wonderful. Prices are very reasonable. I have no complaints and plan on staying there my next business trip to the San Ignacio area. Highly recommended.
Jack Piccalo

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jackpiccalo
Dallas
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Rolson. And we must say that our stay was a great one. The room was very nice and the food was fabulous! And of course we cannot forget the mechiladas and the specialty margaritas. LOVE EM' YUM! would like one right now! :-) We will definitely stay there again on our next trip. Thank you for making us feel so at home.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed here as a stop-off point to visit Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. The staff is nice, but not friendly -- at least not in the way we mean in US culture -- we didn't have conflict, and they were there to help, but didn't smile much or offer services. We also had some trouble finding the place. We emailed for directions, but the directions were a little vague. Because we weren't familiar with the area, we really didn't know how the roads worked, or if the bridges were one-way, etc. We finally took a chance and circled through San Ignacio and found it.

The shower water was NEVER hot or even warm enough for a comfortable shower, and it smelled strongly of sulphur, especially in the morning. The rooms had air conditioners, the beds were average, and internet service was available. There is a decent restaurant on-site, but closed in the mornings, so no breakfast. We had some tasty fajitas in the evening (to help us feel at home), and the drinks were good.

Still, not too bad for the price. I think the biggest drawback was the cold and smelly water. We might stay elsewhere next time, just to see how it matches up with other places in the area. If it is par for the area, then I see no problems with this hotel worth really complaining too much about.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kimistry
Rockville
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I stayed at Rolsons for five days in October and was made to feel "at home" . The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the local and Mexican food was great. There is something to be said of the owners serving you breakfast and having that personal touch. Thank you Orlando and Sonia.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business