“Beautiful place”
other travelers have booked this property
Lodges of various sizes at Moe's Place Good Living
Good Living
The conservatory
Good Living
The Interior house 1
5 lush acres of land and riverside.
Calm emerald waters of the Mopan river at Moe's Place
The grounds at Moe's Place
The rest rooms. Separate restrooms for male and females.
Garden views
Guest Reception
The interior house 2
The interior house 2
The riverside at Moe's Place Ideal for boating, swimming and fishing
The interior house 3
Some flora and fauna
an abundance of palm trees
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

504stacyd
“Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed December 4, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

I love to camp and figured it would be a similar experience so I was very much looking forward to staying here. I emailed the owners prior to leaving for my trip as I knew once I arrived in a different country I wouldn't have a form of communication. I explained who would be arriving (my mother, sister and myself) and about what time we would be there.

I recieved directions and printed these out because I was renting a car. Let's just say the directions could have been much more descriptive. We ended up arriving in the dark which was not planned as someone hit my rented vehicle and we had spent about 3 hours in the police station on our way there so more description would have been much appreciated!

We finally arrived after a long day of travel, we were shown to our cabin and nicely welcomed. We spoke with the owner and loved everything about it. The next morning we had a excursion planned and had to be gone by 7am. After a day of site seeing and eating dinner we arrived back at the cabin and were in bed by about 9pm. After falling asleep we here someone knocking on our door. Startled by being woken up to someone knocking on our cabin door in the middle of the rainforest, my mother answered and it was the owner. She was informed she had to go into the main house and fill out some information. She put on some more appropriate clothing and left. She came back grabbed money and her passport and left again. Come to find out I only booked for 2 and not 3 on the reservation and owed $28. Also the paperwork was for customs.

Couldn't this paperwork have been brought up when we checked in and not while we were sleeping or sitting in the cabin with instructions? And couldn't the payment have been brought up when I initially sent the confirmation email about who would be coming? I would have loved to have been all settled up in advance rather than mid stay. When waking up the next morning I could tell my mother was still a bit upset about being woken up and dealing with these matters. I had also planned and payed for this vacation for her so I felt responsible for the upset.

We were all eager to leave the next morning, it was also my sisters birthday so we were ready to get this day started. We walked over to the restroom cabin to shower, use the toilet and brush our teeth and to our surprise the water was not working. This really just set the tone. We went back to our cabin, packed and left asap. We couldn't wait to use a restroom and take showers.

Date of stay: November 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Dec 15, 2017
It was not possible to do the paperwork check in when you arrived because you had arrived very late in the night indeed.and as you say the next morning you had left at 7 am and was out all day until around 9 am when i was made aware you all returned. In light that you were only here for a few days i had to take the nearest opportunity to get you to fill in the forms at some stage. It is not unusual for people to leave and not notify the owner of there departure. This of course i wanted to avoid so i had no choice but to take the nearest opportunity to come and ask you to fill in the forms. The restroom was without water from 5 am to 6.45 am due to the village pumping station was replacing a pump. We have back up water tanks on site that we engage in situations like this. Had you made the staff aware of the water issue we would have engaged the reserve tanks immediately . Not sure how your Mother was upset if i approached your cabin in the morning it could be argued i knocked on your door to early. Either way its awkward. I can not make any additional comments about the group here in question because we had zero interface. The management and staff hardly saw the group because they appeared to be out all the time. In this case they finally left without saying goodbye or handing in the keys of which they left in the door, It was probably just as well the opportunity was taken to ensure the group filled in the paperwork at the time, otherwise the paperwork may not have been filled in at all. Due to the unfriendly way the group interfaced while they were here, it is very unlikely that we would accept there booking again. All indications suggest that they would not stay again. We have to say that in this exceptional circumstance we certainly would be fully ok with that. Most guests would have notified us if there was a problem with anything but due to the hostile manner that we observed we are not at all surprised that the group chose to vent there views here rather than adopt a friendly approach to the Management and the staff in the very short duration of there stay here.
Nielscr
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed August 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a very nice stay at Moe's place. We stayed in a bungalow in a beautiful garden. Thelma and James are very friendly and helpful. The food is very nice.

From San ignacio take a taxi to hammock Bridge, pass the river with ferry and walk for a few minutes.

Date of stay: August 2017
Dec 15, 2017
Hi Folks, It was a real pleasure meeting and hosting you both and we thoroughly enjoyed your company. Great people to be with. I would recommend the lovely couple to any hotelier. We wish you all the very best for the future and one day we hope to meet again. Take care Folks.
Benni G
Isla Boca Brava
“Nice and quite place to enjoy”
Reviewed March 9, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Here we found a beautyfull and quiet place to relax and made some new friends. The simple but nice and clean cabañas are equiped with almost everthing you need (a fridge is missing but just talk to James). Sure it's not a FiveStar Hotel.

The lot is directly connected to the river where whe could swim and there are also other nice places on the riverside just a few minutes away. Next supermarket 10min walk away (we walked there every day), since we where not in hurry it was also nice to see how the locals life, far from the turism in SanIgnacio where we also made a trip to with the local bus that drives along the main road (15-20min from campsite to city center and 2$/pers.)

The owners James and Thelma made our stay to one of the best in GUA / Belize so far. Had nice evenings and they did everything to serve a great time.
If you just want to relax, have nice conversations and enjoy the nature - don't miss that place. If you're looking for a fancy and luxury place you might be wrong.

Thankxx again James and Thelma, see you next time - prommised. Benni+Julia

Date of stay: March 2017
Mar 13, 2017
Hi Benni AND julia meeting you both has been a real pleasure your one of the most nicest people we have ever met, your company was well enjoyed by all. We feel very fortunate indeed to have had you stay here amongst us. I can tell you that when you left you were surely missed. Thank you so much for all the kindness you have shown and we sincerely hope we will meet again one day soon. In the Meantime please take the very best of care and Bless you both , a real delight to be amongst you. From your Friends James and Thelma. Bless you both in all that you do.
Marcusthe...
“I love this place!”
Reviewed December 30, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

So I really needed a break from the big city and this was my go to for quite a few reasons. First I needed some peace and solitude which Moes place was perfect for. I also wanted a good place to practice guitar and enjoy nature and wow this was exactly what I wanted!

Moes place is located in the country side. There is a small market walking distance to get your food essentials. This place is very affordable so enjoy local treats as you please.

Moes place offers a transportation service to and from the airport so that's a big plus.

The cabins are a great deal for what you get which are basically small houses offering running water, kitchens, and large beds. Not to mention you get clean towels and fresh sheets!

The land is well maintained and the couple who run it are absolutely great to be around. They are positive, helpful and very friendly! James always made sure I was comfortable and happy with my stay. I actually wished I would have been able to stay longer but that's ok because Im headed back!

I spent my days enjoying James' company, playing music, and enjoying local brews.

There's also many activities that can be arranged for you for great prices as well. There's horse riding, hiking, river rafting, excursions and guided Mayan ruins tours.

The nature blew me away too with exotic birds like parrots outside my window! See you there!

Date of stay: August 2016
Dec 15, 2017
Marcus is a great guy and a very talented musician, good to be around and he is a very kind and helpful man. Good to have met you Marcus. Take care.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing