“Passionate ATM Tour guide”

Carlos the Caveman Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Carlos is definitely the right ATM guide to choose. He is personable, funny, and passionate. He keeps small groups and he cares deeply about the preservation of the cave. Some other groups were almost 15 people. In the cave it is tough to hear so I can't imagine the last 10 people in a group of 15 could hear anything... He clearly loves what he does and he is great at it. We booked through our hotel and his van came and picked us up. ATM is also a very cool place and a must do on your trip.

1  Thank Becca H
"cultural aspects"
"swim trunks"
"passionate guide"

Reviewed May 15, 2018

I cannot stop talking about this tour!!!! This was our first time in Belize to get married and spend our honeymoon for 14 days and I have to say this was the biggest highlight of our trip! Oh my gosh I cannot stop telling my family and friends about how amazing this tour was. They provided round trip transportation to our hotel. Our driver was amazing and told us about Belize on our drive. Our driver even pointed out a "Mali Apple" to my husband which was a combination of a apple and a pear that we picked and ate right off of the tree! Then we started the tour which is completely unforgettable. Our group had a few too many people so we volunteered to go with another tour guide but we got to personally meet Carols at the end of our tour. After the tour we ate lunch and had a beer! Did I mention Carols Caveman tours is the way to go? After our tour our driver took us back to our hotel but not before stopping for fresh local oranges! They do not let you go hungry in Belize! Unfortunately the tour does not allow cameras due to an unfortunate tourist dropping their camera in the caves year ago, but thankfully for the internet you can pull photos to show them to your family and friends. The picture I added is of the guide we went with when splitting away from Carols' group, if anyone recognizes him please tell me! We have been trying to get in contact with him since we left!

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Like so many others, we cannot talk enough about how great our ATM Tour experience was with Carlos. He has a absolutely unique way of truly passing on the "awe" your surroundings and his knowledge/respect of the area is unrivaled. You will immediately feel comfortable with him as your guide and learn a lot along the way! This is a MUST when visiting St. Ignacio.
Thanks so much Carlos, we'll be in touch to plan another adventure!

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Carolos is the best - hands down! Only do this tour with him. His knowledge and appreciation of the cave, its artifacts, and the Mayan culture is wonderful. And the best part of the tour is that he keeps his groups small - generally 2 - 5 people. We were a family of 3 and had another couple on the tour with us. We passed much larger groups coming out of the cave. On our hike to the cave, Carlos passed on his knowledge of the vegetation along the way - and had us smell and taste various medicinal and herbal plants as we walked. Once we were at the cave, he emphasized safety and respect for the geological and cultural aspects of the cave. He seemed to know every inch of it - which rocks to step on, which to watch out for... I can't emphasize enough how much he cared about his guests having an awesome experience. His prices were also very reasonable compared to the resort and adventure tour prices. He responds to emails or calls - you can reach him at carlos.caveguide@yahoo.com

See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2018

My mother and I went with Carlos for the ATM Tour. The Tour included only 2 other people, 4 being his preferred group number. Many of the other tours had up to 8 people. Carlos was both fun and extremely informative on the Maya scientific information and mythology. We also learnt so much about Belize itself! Along the 45 minute hike we tried many different types of leaves, albino termites, fruit and Carlos explained how these are used for jungle survival. In the Caves, Carlos made us feel very safe and explained the best way to get up, around or down some very tight squeezes! Would 100% recommend going with Carlos for the ATM tour and I am sure it is the same for any other tours he offers! Best way to contact him is via his email carlos.caveguide@yahoo.com or on +5016697619