Wow! This place is AMAZING!
We got married in Mexico in early July 2009 & very luckily picked Belize as our honeymoon destination. We found the Ka'ana website through a travel agent & decided it looked like the place to go- and is it ever!!
The resort is very small which, was perfect because we practically had the place to ourselves for a week! The casita's are beautifully decorated small 1 bedroom duplexes, with hammocks on the porch and great king size beds. (There's only about 12 rooms altogether?)
Upon our arrival we were asked to join the general manager before dinner for a drink in their wine cellar where we learned much more about Ka'ana's very unique approach to providing the ultimate vacationing experience. It really made us feel right at home and reassured us that we picked the perfect resort to spend our honeymoon!
The resort grounds are like an exotic garden with beautiful flowers, countless fruit trees & all kinds of lizards, birds & other wildlife! We had lime & and mango trees right out our front door! The small infinity pool made for a perfect end to a day of sightseeing & experiencing all that the San Ignacio area has to offer!
The food & drinks at the resort were ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!! We could not get over how great the food was!! (My mouth is watering thinking about it two months later!) All the fruits & vegetables they use come directly from their on-sight organic garden! Their bloody mary's made with fresh picked tomatoes are the best we've ever had! All the fresh fruit juices were amazing also!
The town of San Ignacio & the Cayo District were amazing to explore & learn about. We had the best guide ever (David with David's Adventure Tours) show us some of the highlights the region has to offer. Barton Creek Cave, canoeing down the Macal River, the Mayan Ruins at Xunantinich & we found a family of Howler monkeys in the jungle!!
We hated to leave and hope to go back as soon as possible!
Ka'ana is the perfect place for your honeymoon or any kind of romantic vacation in Belize!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio