“Dream resort!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Ignacio
Portland, Oregon
“Dream resort!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Everything about my stay at Ka'ana was magical. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the grounds are gorgeous and the staff is among the best you'll ever encounter. Each person we met was friendly and gave great advice for the best places to check out near the property. I cannot recommend Ka'ana enough... truly lovely

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! How nice it is to know that you enjoyed your time here as much as you did. It was great having you with us and I know the team here at Ka'ana enjoyed the opportunity to share a bit of what makes a visit to this part of the country as special as it is. Thank you again for your kind words. We wish you all the best for your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Omaha, NE
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Ka'ana in October for our anniversary. From the booking process to when we left everyone was amazing. We originally booked a Casita Suite. It was a lovely room. However on our first night we noticed a trail of rather large ants leading under the minibar. While we had noticed many bugs around our room (inside and out) we expected this because of the jungle type setting. However there were so many we knew this was not normal. We called the front desk and they sent someone to come look right away. They noticed a hole where they were coming from and said that they would move us to a new room. To our surprise and delight they upgraded us to the Master Suite with a king bed and a shower in the back garden. The bed was so comfortable, the tv had a great selection of channels and the wifi worked surprising well.

We had a few meals and drinks at the hotel and everything was perfect. My husband really enjoyed both the welcome drink and the drink that they gave us when we had a little overview orientation on our first night.

I personally enjoyed hanging out by the pool and watching the iguanas sun themselves.

The thing that I love most about this hotel is their partnership with a local school. They have a drink named after the school to help raise money for the kids that go there. They have also partnered with an organization called Pack For A Purpose. They encourage travelers to bring donations for the school. I was so excited when I read about this. We brought a suitcase full of school supplies. The hotel even arranged for us to deliver the supplies ourselves so we could visit the school. We were so inspired by the great work the teachers are doing there that we are further helping the school by paying for walls to be built between classrooms. Please if you stay at Ka'ana, consider helping out the school, even if it is some pencils and crayons.

Thank you Ka'ana for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolabana
Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay at Ka'ana! We are so pleased that we were able to have you as our guests for such a special occasion as your anniversary. Thank you so much for the kindness you've shown the children of our adopt-a-school program. Your generosity is fantastic. Again, it was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Belize again.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I just came back from Ka'ana - what a stunning place! It is a real boutique resort, nestled in beautiful manicured gardens. From the moment you arrive, you feel just at home and in peace.
I was staying in two different villa types, as I kept on extending my stay over and over again. Both casitas were in perfect condition, very private and decorated in style. I loved the amenities, the small local touches, the gorgeous jungle views, ... The food was top notch as well. I was especially enthusiastic about their locally enspired and healthy choices. And I don't know how many delicious papaya smoothies I was drinking every day... I also did some relaxing massages at the spa, wonderful!
But of course, once you are in Belize you have to be active and explore the country as well. I knew about different options available but decided to do all tours directly with the experienced Ka'ana tour guides. And this was the best decision ever. They just organise everything so perfectly, answer all your questions (and I had many) and make every tour so much fun! These private tours - or better experiences - might be a bit more expensive than ordinary group tours, but are worth every single cent. So don't miss out on an exciting ATM tour and go to visit Tikal, one of the most magical places you can imagine.
Last but not least I have to mention the amazing Ka'ana people! Tatjana and her team make you feel so special! Everybody is smiling, friendly and helpful all the time. They know your name from day one onwards and never miss an opportunity to make your stay even better. To me they seemed happy and proud to work in such a special place.
Therefore, thanks so much to every single Ka'ana team member for making my stay just perfect. I really hope to be back soon again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank soamea
Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we're thrilled you were able to experience some of what makes this country so special. We are so grateful that you took the time to share such kind words about your time with us. On behalf of the entire Ka'ana team, please know that we would love to have you visit us again and in the meantime, wish you all the best for your future travels!
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stumbled across Ka'ana via a recommendation of our travel agent, and was she spot on. This place was incredible, we had A+ treatment from the moment we walked in. Garnet our Concierge was most helpful, the food was excellent and the wait staff were wonderful. All made us feel at home, yet pampered. Loved the pool too! Recommend the Takal tour in Guatemala.

Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! You summed up your experience so well and we're happy to know that you left pleased with the decision you made to come visit us. We'll need to thank your travel agent as well :) Of course if you're ever back in Belize, please know that we would love to have you again as our guests and in the meantime, on behalf of the entire team here at Ka'ana, we wish you all the best for your future travels!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our stay at Ka'ana was above and beyond what we had expected. My husband and I were there to celebrate our honeymoon and were so happy to have been recommended this boutique hotel. We loved every staff member we met especially Tatijana who made sure our stay was perfect even in the most unperfect weather.

Our room (a master suite) was gorgeous and spacious, we even had a backyard with an outdoor shower! What a delight to shower underneath the open sky! It was such an amazing place to roam around. We had a lovely tour of their gardens which they use to do farm-to-table dinners at their restaurant, which everyone should try as it was delicious! The ceviche was outstanding and we ate that daily. Also, another favorite was the garifuna stew! The pool was also quite lovely to hang around and to just have that as an option to relax by.

The one true hiccup we had was the lack of wi-fi in our room due to the inclement weather that took out one of their satellites. I know this sounds horrible as we were on our honeymoon, but we wanted to check out restaurants and reviews while staying there and didn't have it from the luxury of our room. That wasn't a problem at the end of the day as we always ended up hanging out in the bar with Carlotta and Oscar. They make some fantastic drinks and are great company and wi-fi was readily available there.

The trips that we had planned through Ka'ana were A+++. Each trip was gorgeous and we felt completely safe in every environment that we had chosen. We did ATM caves - a MUST for thrill seeking adventurers, but also regular scaredy cats like my husband and myself. We loved Patrick, our tour guide who showed us such an incredible time in the caves and with the mayan artifacts. He made sure we felt safe and comfortable our entire trip into the caves. It was a memory we will not soon forget. Another few fabulous adventures we had chosen were the trips to Guatemala to visit the Mayan ruins Yaxha and Tikal (the larger of the two). Yaxha was tranquil and gave a great view overlooking the river and the sunset was incredible, even though it was stormy. Tikal on the other hand was a massive place filled with tourists and tons of ruins, like Disneyland but with ruins! Each trip we had chosen to take all ended up being memorable with guides that were caring and genuine, you could not ask for more from these guys. These day trips made our entire trip.

All in all, this place was fantastic. The beds were comfortable, there was the comfort of tv to unwind when needed, there were nightly little snacks given during the turn-down service (so tasty!), and to top it off it was just a short 10 minute drive from downtown! And also just a 10 minute drive from the landing strip to catch a flight back to belize city or the cayes!

This place is aces for the experience given, the genuine niceness of the staff, the spacious rooms and the jungle atmosphere. Perfect place to be both an adventurer during the day and unwind and relax at night.

Room Tip: I would suggest trying to get a master suite. Though I've heard all of the rooms are great. Ther...
1 Thank HolaHelena
Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! We really enjoyed reading about your stay in Belize and with us at Ka'ana and are so grateful that you took the time to share such kind words with everyone. You were both a pleasure to have at the resort and knowing how much you enjoyed experiencing this part of the country is some of the best feedback we can get. Thank you again for being our guests and know that we'd love to have you back with us if your travels bring you to Belize in the future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staying at Ka'ana was a fantastic experience and I highly recommend staying here when in Cayo.

You can see from the pictures here that the resort provides excellent accommodations, which my three friends and I can attest to. However, it was the service experience, food and top-notch staff that put this resort over the top.

We arrived at Ka'ana famished and disheveled from a day trip in ATM cave, so being greeted by Garnett and the team along with some great ice cold drinks was one heck of a welcome! Our room was fantastic, and were again welcomed with a handwritten note and pastries from the kitchen.

At the bar and restaurant, we enjoyed some great Nance, ceviche, pizza and mixed drinks courtesy Oscar, Chris and the rest of team (yes, you do get on a first name basis with the staff). They also have a great wine selection that received my in-the-industry girlfriend's seal of approval. All in all, the food and beverage experience was fantastic...we closed down one night with a great bottle of wine surrounding the resort's fire pit.

The staff also scheduled us a fantastic private tour to Tikal in Guatemala as well as transportation and flights to the Belize Zoo and San Pedro, both of which went above and beyond in terms of service and tour experience.

All in all, my experience at Ka'ana far surpassed my expectations and unfortunately for other resorts, my service expectations have been raised due to such a great stay here. Thanks again to all the staff for such a memorable experience!

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure we stayed in Ka'ana's lowest priced room (Hun), which was still fantasti...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Richard B
Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! It was wonderful to read of your experience in San Ignacio and Ka'ana and we're thrilled you had such a great time. The highest compliment that can be paid us is one that's directed at the team here at Ka'ana and we have passed on your very kind words to them. On behalf of the whole team, please know it was such a treat having you all with us and we hope you'll be able to come back to Belize again. We'd be happy to have you!
Amity, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Belize, the staff at Ka'ana in San Ignacio were wonderful, and genuine always happy to accommodate our every wish and to make sure we were comfortable and well taken care of. Although we could not take some of the special trips we had planned because of flooding the staff came up with other trips we could make. The accommodations were first class and we enjoyed our little bedtime treats each evening.
We also spent some time over on Ambergris Cay at the Victoria House in San Pedro which was also wonderful and beautiful. We had a surf and turf appetite for this vacation and we got everything we could have asked for....jungle beauty of Ka'ana being the turf and Victoria House being the surf.

1 Thank Aileen W
Joanna E, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear that your time in Belize was as wonderful as it was. You chose a great way to experience the country and we are really so pleased that we were able to be the "turf" part of the trip. On behalf of the entire Ka'ana team, please know it was a pleasure having you with us. Thank you as well for being so accommodating of the weather-induced changes and having a great time regardless. All the best for your future travels and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Belize int he future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ignacio
#5 of 13 in San Ignacio
Mystic River Resort
Mystic River Resort
#1 of 1 in Negroman

Been to Ka'ana Resort? Share your experiences!