My wife and I traveled to Belize for our first time and stayed at Ka'Ana for three days before flying to the coast for some scuba diving. We have been lucky enough to travel all over the world and have stayed in a variety of places from a small hut in the Himalayas to a luxury room at the Imperial in India. My wife and I agree that Ka'Ana was one of the best places we have stayed at with an absolutely beautiful resort and an even more amazing staff. No matter what we needed the staff members were always professional and friendly. We stayed in the master suite which had a great outdoor shower and lounge area. The rooms were large and very comfortable. You would never imagine that you are just outside the jungle. Candida and Carlota were our waitresses for most of our dining and were incredible. When we asked about any local restaurants to visit for an evening to get local cuisine they both recommended Benny's Kitchen in a nearby town. My wife and I toured the nearby Mayan ruins of Xunatunich on our own and then walked across the street to Benny's. I had the Pibil which was very good and my wife had a very large burrito. We would recommend the restaurant if you are looking for a different dining locale one evening but it is not the same enjoyable dining experiences that we had at the resort. I fell in love with a habanero jam they serve with breakfast and when I was unable to find it in town, Candida was kind enough to put some in a small jar for me to take home. I was quite worried that I may suffer withdrawal symptoms when I returned home. Oscar the bartender was also excellent. He was always very friendly and was amazingly quick at making all sorts of different drinks even when the bar was full. Even the manager, Jennifer, was always busy making sure our stay was enjoyable. She would stop by during dinner some evenings and see if we needed anything or we had any issues that she could help us with. She even helped arrange our tour into Guatemala to see the Mayan complex in Tikal. Our tour guide's name was Andy and he was a very knowledgeable guide who did not rush us through our tour. He told us to take our time and when we were done, he would have our lunch waiting for us. Everything was perfect during our stay and we look forward to going back. We would highly recommend this resort to anyone considering traveling to the western part of Belize. Our only complaint was that we should have stayed longer at Ka'Ana than at El Secreto, which was a total disappointment. But that review will come later. Thank you to everyone at Ka'Ana for making our stay so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio