We just got back and had the most amazing vacation in Belize so I think it's important that I start by saying that you could not have a more friendly, professional and courteous staff at this resort. Above and beyond service. And it was very nice to come home from long-day excursions to a luxurious room. And frankly with all of the other glowing recommendations below, we were surprised and therefore feel we should share our experience.
For the money that you will spend at this resort, you may be disappointed. Be prepared to pay no less than $15 per glass of wine (with very limited options). Cheapest bottle going at $60. Dinner for two with a few drinks, easily $100. This is in US $$, not BZD. Also be prepared to dine alone most of the time. We can only assume the bar and restaurant was a ghost town because many guests felt similarly and ventured into town (easily done because of the complimentary shuttle provided by the hotel) for food/ drink and atmosphere. For a "5-star" resort, we were surprised at stained / ripped towels and linens, seat cushions in the dining room, etc. Mildew growing on the pool walls....
It is a beautiful place and very secluded and well-kept (if that's what you're looking for) but it's pricey so be prepared to spend some serious extra money on top of your room costs. (almost $500 US in service and taxes) We found that we would have been just as happy with a place in San Ignacio for much less money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio