Our family of 5 stayed in two casitas and found our visit to Ka'ana to be a special part of an amazing Belizean adventure. The staff is friendly and dedicated to personalizing your stay.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by name and provided with a delicious ginger and lime drink. A helpful orientation soon followed and included a tasting of a local liqueur. We were also surprised to find beautiful fresh-picked hibiscus flowers strewn throughout the room.
The grounds are small and meticulously maintained with labeled fauna that makes for an interesting little tropical stroll. The infinity pool and waterfall were lovely, although not heated and quite cold after the rains. The nightly turn down service included an additional light housekeeping and tasty treat in the mini-fridge. Candles were lit in our rooms and along the pathways outdoors, adding to the serene, romantic setting.
The beds were very comfortable with high-quality linens and there is beautiful local wood throughout the room. The seating area was not overly comfortable, but certainly functional. Flat screen tvs with DirectTV and wi-fi kept our 11-year old plugged into favorite shows and games during downtimes. The bathrooms are large, spa-like and stocked with amazing scented natural soaps and shampoo. All of these things enhance your senses and create an overall experience of relaxed luxury.
Everything we ate at the restaurant was truly delicious. The banana pancakes and pork chops were top favorites, but the talented chef made everything amazing. The wait staff encouraged us to make special requests, which were happily met. We even received complimentary gelato for my parents' 45th anniversary. Guest Services Manager Desorine originally tried to set a special outdoor dinner, but we were rained out.
The hotel is located a short drive from the small downtown and the staff dropped us off. Cabs are plentiful and we caught a $5 ride back to the hotel, although you can also call the hotel and they'll come pick you up. In an example of excellent service, a staff member somehow managed to find cough syrup for my husband, who caught a cold, on a Sunday evening when most stores were closed. Not sure how he did it, but we were all grateful for a restful night.
We took a Xunantunich tour booked through the hotel with Wilburt who was an awesome guide. He was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, accommodating and provided great historical perspective and narrative.
At our request, he also escorted us to the Succotz School, a local school where we donated supplies we brought with us in our luggage. Ka'ana partners with "Pack for a Purpose," an organization that encourages travelers to bring items needed by a local school or clinic. It is such an easy way to give something back to the areas where you travel. Ka'ana is also currently trying to raise money for a new much-needed bathroom facility for the students. Please consider bringing what supplies you can and/or financially supporting the hotel's efforts to raise funds for capital projects at the Succotz School. The hotel can deliver the supplies for you. We saw first-hand how much the principal appreciated the support already received and how much more is still needed. Check out the "sustainability" section of their website to learn more.
While hotel shuttle back to the airport was comfortable, it felt a bit overpriced. Although, this is not a bargain hotel in any respect. Guests pay top dollar and receive lovely accommodations and unparalleled service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio