Ka'ana Boutique Resort and Spa is the perfect choice for those who are looking to get out in the Belizean countryside during the day and come back to a well-maintained resort with many of the finest accommodations.
Fallon, the Guest Manager, was most helpful in arranging all of our daytime activities - arranging for transportation to and from each of the sites. While you can certainly find similar tours or activities at a lower price, Ka'ana provides private tours and transportation. No waiting for the tour bus, no sharing a tour guide with a dozen other people. It's just you and the tour guide.
Eduardo was our tour guide for our visit to Xunatunich. Do yourself a favor and request him! He worked on the excavation of the site for 16 years and learned from the lead US archaeologists. His tour was most informative, engaging, and worth every penny! The highlight of our trip!
As for the resort, the restaurant is fantastic! The menu features 10 appetizers and entree options that are modern and well-executed. All food was very well seasoned and presented well. Some dishes were better than others, but nothing was regrettable. Personal favorites: Cioppino in a house-made bread bowl and cedar-planked smoked reef snapper. The gelato dessert was an excellent choice featuring many local flavors. The service was attentive but not overwhelming and genuinely friendly. Many thanks to Bart, Candida, Jorge, and Emerson for helping make our dining experience unforgettable!
The bar features the breadth and depth you would expect from a resort. 3-4 single malt options, 3-4 vodkas, 3-4 gins, etc ....Don't forget to try the "craboo" Nance! It's made from a belizean grape that can be likened to that of an Italian Grappa; an after-dinner cordial that is sure to please. "Polo" is an excellent bartender who provided background on many of the local drinks and makes a mean Michelada!
Our stay in the casita was excellent. The AC worked efficiently and quietly, but rest assured it's not quiet at night. You will hear much of the nocturnal life outside (crickets, birds, geckos, etc). It was louder at night than most nights at our home in Chicago. Plenty of room to unpack and relax from your travels.
Housekeeping visits twice daily: once in the early afternoon, once in the evening for turn-down service.
Please note that Ka'ana is a 2 hour drive from the airport. The weather is hot and humid, and the sun is very intense. We found it most helpful to get out around 8 AM bc the sun starts to intensify around 10 AM.
This is especially true if you plan on going Cave Tubing. We arrived at the site for Cave Tubing around 9:30 AM (1.5 hour drive from resort) and there were 10 bus loads of tourists arriving behind us. 2 hours later there were nearly 40 buses in the parking lot. Get there early!
We loved our experience at Ka'ana as it provided exactly the level of attention (not too much, not too little) and the comfortable amenities and location that gave us an opportunity to get out and see this part of Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio