All reviews tree house mopan river dogs and cats across the river other guests bullet tree falls honor system free tubes other travelers booking tours great company inner tubes in town great hosts hot water bring earplugs my favorite part
Reviewed February 9, 2011

It is family-run, and we definitely felt like part of the family. Friends of theirs would come over (actually at this time there wasnt anyone else in any of the cabanas other than friends of theirs) and everyone we met was very fascinating, and had a lot of "local scoop" & good tips for seeing the country. Our room (#6) was fantastic (we avoided the treehouse, it seemed pretty tiny). Very basic rooms to be sure, it's a jungle lodge, still it was my favorite room of the 2 week trip, even though we stayed at some $130US a night places. This was way cheaper. They'll cook great food for you and you can grab sodas and beers out of the fridge (just mark it on your bill), and they were so helpful as far as things to see & do. Loved all the family pets running around (I saw another reviewer complain about the caged parrot, which I didnt approve of either, until I realized the bird was crippled). The place just made me feel kind of at home, which ironically is a much nicer feeling when you're in another country, than being "pampered" at a fancier kinda resort. Parrot Nest was almost my favorite part of the trip - as it sort of set a nice base for all of the actual "out and about" activities we did in the Cayo.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights straight from the plane in Belize City. I could not have imagined a better first place to spend a few days in Central America. Owners are very down to earth and the rooms are wicked (we slept in a tree house). While it is a little bit out of San Ignacio, I would still consider sleeping here instead of downtown San Ignacio since the collectivo taxis are fairly cheap or you can most likely hop in with Mark on his trips downtown.

Date of stay: November 2010
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I hope you like rustic if you're going to Parrot Nest, because sleeping in a tree house is just that! Don't worry, you can still close your windows and doors at night though. The Nest is a great looking place with a perfect jungle surrounding, giant iguanas, a hilarious host and AMAZING cook. Totally worth it. Take advantage of their trips too, like the ATM caves. I would definitely go back. Thanks again Parrot Nest!!

- Jon & Wendy

Date of stay: May 2010
Reviewed January 15, 2011

The people at Parrot's Nest make the difference, everybody is so nice, the home cooked meal is awesome, as is floating down the river on one of the complimentary tubes.

Had a swell time here!

Date of stay: January 2011
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Parrot Nest is great. The owners are great people, extremely nice, full of info, and cook up some delicious food. The cabanas are very comfortable and it's wonderful falling asleep to the sound of the jungle's insects. The shared bathrooms, grounds etc were really clean and well taken care of, it's obvious that there's a lot of pride in the property. The location is also great, because you're right on the river (which you can float for free) and in a quiet spot, but you can be in San Ignacio proper in 10 minutes via a colectiva. To top it all off, it's extremely affordable and well-priced for a double occupancy.

Date of stay: December 2010