“We Love Parrot Nest Lodge”
Review of Parrot Nest Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Parrot Nest Lodge
Ranked #5 of 35 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was my 2nd time staying at Parrot Nest and will continue to return :) This time I took my kids and they also loved it - we had Cabana 5 which was perfect for us. Food was great & the river was excellent to cool off in after a long hot day!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights with my significant other. The positives included convenience of the meals that were offered, free tubing/swimming in the river, Parrots(!), friendly dogs, and a very clean and comfortable cabin. Even got daily maid service which was not totally expected.

Unfortunately, there were also a few negatives that left us disappointed. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bar across the river blasts music each night which really takes away from the Eco-lodge experience. Also, the meals seems quite pricey for what you actually get (small portions, no meat with breakfast). While they do taste very good, they definitely capitalize on the fact that you'd have to take a cab anywhere to get something else. Finally, I was disappointed with the almost too casual owners. When we first arrived it was like pulling teeth just to get a key and shown to our cabin. Don't expect a tour of the grounds or an overview of the policies (ex. sat around the first morning waiting for breakfast just to be told we were supposed to go to the kitchen and ask the cook to make us something). Additionally, while the owners have great local knowledge, despite the fact that we showed great interest in learning places to go/things to see, it was like a chore to have them tell us anything because they were too busy "going with the flow".

If we were to return to San Ignacio, we'd probably stay in town to avoid all the taxi rides to restaurants and the like.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dangle21
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in cabin 5, which was a bit further than the others from the main cabin area, but meant that it was quiet (at least from human sounds, there's plenty of jungle sounds!). Food great, and there's a vegetarian choice every evening. The place is on the river, and you can carry tubes a mile up the river and float back down. Friendly place, and you get talking with other guests each evening and can share stories of your adventures in Belize. The four dogs were great company for those of us missing our pets at home.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My family of 5 (some a little finicky) went to Belize & stayed at Parrot Nest for 4 nights. Our rooms were small, but cozy. That was actually a large part of the fun - the kids felt like they were "camping" and had their own cabana away from mom & dad (only about 20 feet, but they didn't care). Yes, we had to share bathrooms with other travelers, but I never felt a lack of privacy or had to wait for anyone else. The food was fantastic; we ate breakfast and dinner there every day. Theo couldn't be more helpful, from arranging tours to calling for rides/shuttles to giving you ideas of where to go locally. We saw the ATM cave (a must if you aren't claustrophobic) and went into Guatemala to Tikal. Both great, but equally as fun was staying at Parrot Nest, tubing down the river (free!), reading by the river and relaxing in the hammocks. We loved the dogs, cats, and parrot that call the place home, but most fun was the group of interesting people we met over meals. Our stay was peaceful, quiet, and free from bugs & critters. What more could you ask?

Room Tip: Reserve treehouses far in advance - they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Parrot Nest Lodge located in Bullet Tree Falls near San Ignacio, Belize gives you the chance to do exactly that at a very reasonable cost. We arrived at dusk so we didn't get to see the grounds that evening but the tree house was small but very cute! It kind of reminded me of a tree house I had as a kid only in a much nicer location and with a better view! First thing, we went downstairs to the shared shower facilities to freshen up, then went to the dining room for dinner. Soft drinks were very cheap, around $1 US or 2 Belize so we drank our fill. I can't remember what we had for dinner, it was good though as I don't remember having any complaints! We did get a good night sleep and there were no mosquitoes! The next morning, I was eager to look out the window from up in the tree and be eye to eye with some birds. We could hear them all around us but not see them. We had breakfast in the dining room, now we could see it a lot better. The drinks in the fridge are on an honor system where you write down what you take and pay it when you leave. We didn't do any tours as we aren't really into caves and wanted to see birds! You really can't beat the prices and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. I loved it and would come back in a flash if we ever return to Belize.

Photos: http://www.milestothewild.com/lodge-review-parrot-nest-belize-sleep-in-a-tree-house/

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My two sons and I recently spent 3 nights at Parrot Nest. What a gem! We stayed in cabin #9 and it was wonderful. The setting is beautiful and incredibly relaxing. I am not a real social person, but found myself wanting to wander over to the common area to visit with the other guests in the evenings and mornings - we discussed where we were from, where we were going and compared notes on our excursions around Belize. We ate breakfast and dinner there each day, and the food was great. A bit on the light side for my large son, but fine for people with normal appetites. The only downside was the music that could be heard daily from the bar across the river - fortunately however we couldn't hear it from our cabin so we slept great!

Room Tip: Number 9 was great, as it has its own bathroom and sits slightly away from the other cabins.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed one night at Parrot Nest Lodge. It was extremely difficult to find because the address is listed in San Ignacio and the lodge is actually in the next town west, in Bullet Tree. We luckily found someone in San Ignacio who had heard of the lodge and told us how to find it. The road into the lodge is unpaved and when we were there in January, it was extremely potholed and muddy. We stayed in one of the tree houses. The bed I was on had a thin foam pad with no support to it so I ended up trying to sleep on the wooden platform. I had the most uncomfortable night of the 5 nights I was in Belize. The bathrooms were shared and one had to climb down from the tree (by way of stairs) in order to use them. The proprietor's were very friendly and helpful. They had many dogs and cats that were friendly. The dinners (served family style with no menu) and breakfasts (one had a choice in breakfasts) served were excellent. The lodge is well located in the rain forest near the Mopan River and Xunantunich Mayan ruins. I especially loved hearing the flocks of parrots flying by in the early morning.

Room Tip: Try to book the room(s) with indoor plumbing. You may have to plan 6-12 months in advance as they ar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple