“Helpful staff, great value”
Review of Rosa's Hotel

Rosa's Hotel
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed one night here on our way from Belize City to Flores Guatemala. Staff was great and helped arrange a low cost taxi to the border. Night club next door was bumping, but with the fan running full blast in our room the music just became white noise. Good value and great location if you plan to visit the market or other downtown attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flappy93

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here after our cave tubing excursion. We really enjoyed our stay, the staff is friendly and the location was neat, the second floor has a balcony with fresh fruit, microwave, some stools and a table which offers a great view. There is a nightclub next door but it wasnt that bad in my opinion and I am a noise nazi. There is plenty of food on the next street over, we opted for some Chinese for dinner and then the touristy spot for breakfast. There is also a market a few blocks further near the river for fresh fruit etc. We had a private room and it was a good size and the bathroom in it was a nice size as well. We rented a car the next day and drove to Xunantunich ruins and then down to Placencia.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher1384
Reviewed April 11, 2013

After making it through three not great nights at the Trek Stop (a just-out-of-town "ecolodge,") we were ready for a bathroom. Rosa's was not only incredibly inexpensive, it was clean, comfortable, in the heart of San Ignacio, AND provides guests with complimentary water. Water turned out to be one of the biggest expenses for us in Belize so it was great to be able to fill up a bottle with purified water and head out on an adventure.

Staff is sweet and helpful and we never had a noise issue with the neighboring club (we were on the opposite side of the building) It was such a welcome step up from the buggy cabin and outhouses, and the nickel-and-diming that happened at the ecolodge, that if I head back to San Ignacio on a budget, I'll skip the "adventure" of a lodge and stay at Rosa's.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I knew Rosa's wouldn't be anything fancy when I booked a room with AC there but I was pretty surprised with what I got. Our room looked pretty sketchy with the lighting barely coming on. The bathroom was kinda gross with a filthy toilet, hole with no drain cover in the shower and a showerhead that sprayed every direction but right in front of it (lots of fun trying to get clean in that shower). The noise level was a little louder than I expected but when the ac was on it helped drown things out. Unfortunately due to the power of the ac, I'd frequently have to turn off the ac due to being freezing. Then I'd hear everyone's conversations and movements down the echo-y hallway. We had chosen Rosa's as just a place to hang our hats while we did tons of day trips but due to the unbelievably uncomfortable beds (which caused my back to hurt like crazy the next day), we had to move. I will say thought the staff is very friendly and helpful. For $5 US cheaper than Rosa's, stay in Hotel Mallorca. The staff is just as friendly and you'll get a quiet, clean room with less scary plumbing.

Room Tip: Stay at Hotel Mallorca instead. It's cheaper and way nicer
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Rosa's hotel is a good place to stay for a night, maybe 2. It's located in San Ignacio, but RIGHT next to a major nightclub (Blue Angels). So be prepared to hear A LOT of bass, especially on a Friday or Saturday. The rooms are tiny, but do have their own bathroom (at least ours did). We were able to cram 4 of us in one room of 3 beds... a bit cramped but we put up with it.

They are really good about getting back to you about reservations via email, but there's no deposit to put down soooo it's a bit confusing to know if you'll have a room for sure when you check in. They were very accommodating for my requests, however they ended up saving 2 rooms for me (even though there's an email stating I wanted ONLY ONE and they responded back with a confirmation).

The woman I spoke to about this wanted to charge me for 2 rooms and couldn't find the email I last sent, when I had in available to show... but didn't because she didn't charge me for two rooms. She did tack on an extra $10BZD for the 4th person (which is fine, it still was a good rate). I really didn't appreciate her making me feel guilty for not using the other room (that I didn't request for). Oh well... I wouldn't recommend this unless you're on a budget and can sleep through anything.

Room Tip: Probably choose one on the top floor and away from the nightclub for a better sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Two of us arrived at Rosa's New Years eve, and were greeted with a warm welcome at the airport by a reserved ride from Rosa. A few hours later we had bank issues resulting in an invalid card, and Rosa so kindly helped us out without any hesitation. She has a beautiful heart, and a wonderful staff to follow. We would most definitely stay at Rosa's again, you can't beat the price, location and fabulous people. Thank you Rosa :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rosa's was one of the coolest places we stayed during our Central American trip. I am used to staying in hostels and this place had a hostel type of environment. The 3rd floor balcony that looks out over the town was essentially a hangout spot to meet and hang out with other travellers, many of whom became quick friends during our brief stays in in San Ignacio.

The rooms were pretty nice and were cleaned meticulously each day. When we came back from a big day at the Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve, our room (which was covered with our filthy clothes and junk) was tidied up for us by the staff. They also did our laundry for us. To go cliche, they really did go 'above-and-beyond' my expectations. Rosa, along with her family and small staff were some of the kindest and most accommodating people we met on our travels.

We originally were only going to hit San Ignacio as a stopping point on the way to and from Tikal, but quickly found that the town and surrounding area offer much more than you could ever expect. Next time I travel there I intend to allocate much more time. We crunched the San Ignacio Hotel Resort Iguana Preserve, the Xunantunich ruins, and then in Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve, 1000 ft falls, Rio Frio Caves and Rio on Pools all in on one day. We did the ATM cave the day after. These two days, despite being 2 of the best I've experienced travelling were totally exhausting. Allot yourself some time for this place and stay with Rosa. She'll take care of you.

The only detractor was the noise. There is a club 2 doors down that plays loud music late. I wouldn't recommend going there, as it was desolate inside. Also on Saturday nights a lot of people in town bring out their loud speakers and crank music. It didn't bother me, but it may bother some.

Still, you can't beat the price or the service at Rosa's. Thank's Rosa!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends