Cahal Pech Village Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
San Ignacio Resort Hotel(San Ignacio)
Tropicool Hotel(San Ignacio)
Venus Hotel(San Ignacio)
View Hotel
Windy Hill Resort(San Ignacio)
Rumors Resort(San Ignacio)
Ka'ana Resort(San Ignacio)
View Hotel
Table Rock Jungle Lodge(Cristo Rey)
  • Restaurant
The Lodge at Chaa Creek(San Ignacio)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsscreened in porchin townmain buildingpineapple chickenhot waterhill overlookingcave tubingbarking dogsmayan siteatm cavebelize citycab rideair conditionerrestaurant stafftour guidefry jacksday trip
Reviewed July 11, 2014

After staying elsewhere in San Ignacio for a night, we spent our last day and night at Cahel Pech Village Resort. When we were looking for someplace to swim the day before in the incredible heat that is San Ignacio, our local driver recommended we try Cahel Pech. For a very small fee they allowed us to swim in their beautiful pool (actually pools, since there are three that are all connected, all with views of the surrounding area.) It was so relaxing, and the service people so friendly, that we inquired about a room for the following evening. We were two adults and one fifteen year old, and they had a two-bedroom suite for us, with air-conditioning (a must in the Cayo) balconies and views, at a remarkably good price. After a hot, sticky night in our lovely, but un-air-conditioned farmstay, we packed up and moved, and what a good choice it was! They have a computer, wifi, and a delicious restaurant. It's a short walk to town, though we took a $5 taxi, and the Cahel Pech ruins were just down the hill. If we return to the Cayo, this is where we will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the hotel proper, and one with a balcony and view. The suites are just heaven, with an entry room, two bedrooms, a balcony and a lovely tiled bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We loved the hilltop view from our rooms balcony. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Not many rooms being used during our visit. An easy taxi ride to town for food and such. Yes the place is simple and older but not bad for the price. Pacz tours were who we used for our ATM and Tikal tours

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at Cahal Pech at the end of my trip to Belize. As it was more than twice the price of the other places I stayed in Belize, I was expecting a nice hotel to end my trip. In reality, the Cahal Pech was a glorified holiday camp for American school kids. There was a massive group of them (or maybe two or more smaller groups) that completely overwhelmed the hotel…they were noisy and neither their chaperones nor the hotel staff attempted to quieten them.

The room was very basic for over $100 night…no fridge, just 3 clothes hangers, no shampoo, no hair drier, no table other than the small beside one, and just 1 chair (for 3 beds). The air con was very noisy and leaked water all over the balcony.

I opted for the buffet breakfast one morning. After I signed for it I realised that it was 100% veggie, just lots of variations on beans and eggs – I enquired if there were any meat dishes available. The waiter looked around the various dishes, before saying that there wasn’t, but I could order and pay for a plate of bacon. I’ve stayed in hotels in over 100 countries, and never come across a hotel buffet breakfast without meat. One night I ate at the hotel restaurant. The prawn curry was excellent, but the accompanying rice was so old and dry it was like eating breadcrumbs. I sent it back, and it was replaced by some “freshly cooked” that was no better than the first.

Wifi is only really available in the restaurant, and not in the rooms as advertised. The pool area is looking very aged, with a bizarre pterodactyl statue watching over the pool. In the 3 days I was there, the pool was cleaned just once as I was checking out. For the previous few days, the pool had been full of dead leaves and insects. It was really quite dirty. I was offered a tour via reception to the ATM cave for $133, but was able to find an identical tour (including hotel pick up) from Pacz Tours in town for $95.

On the plus side, the staff were generally helpful, and I was able to check in at 8am after arriving on an early flight. The views from most of the rooms over the valley was very nice.

Overall I was very disappointed in the hotel. It was massively overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank A380fan
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our group loved staying here. The cabanas were nice and the main area at the restaurant and pool was beautiful! The good was always good and was always homemade. They had the best veggie burger I have ever had! The service was the best and they actually made us feel like we were family. One of the servers at dinner actually said that she missed us while we were gone for a few days during our trip! We had the opportunity to go on excursions each day and Cahal Pech did a great job coordinating the transportation and the guides who were all wonderful! We always felt welcomed, safe and at home here. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank cas1441
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This resort was very nice with its two pools, a restaurant and bar and spacious rooms. It was very clean and it is close to downtown where you can find various bars and restaurants and shops. The views from the resort are also beautiful!! Definitely would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends