First things first, don't expect much from your room. This is a great base camp for seeing San Ignacio and going on cave and maya ruin tours. The staff is great (Oscar the bartender makes amazing drinks and has been there for years), the place is clean, the pool is pretty, and the view is stunning. The rooms are ok but the entire resort really needs updating. I think our AC was older than I am, the hot tub wasn't hot once during our week stay, and the fountain out front was empty and filled with mold. That said, it's a good stay for the price. Warm showers, laundry service, comfortable beds, and decent food. They did drop the ball on picking us up from the airport. We ended up taking a cab after waiting an hour. I would suggest finding your own tours and transportation and don't rely on the resort. Especially since weather can change tour availability.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the Mayan world, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize. We offer professionally guided tours of local and other Mayan ruins in English and Spanish, as well as access to Mayan Healing, Culture and Art. We also offer Eco-tours, Jungle Adventure, Horseback Riding, Reef Diving and more. Relax at our Pool, or see Belize’s Beaches and Caves, Waterfalls, Sink Holes and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Cahal Pech Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahal Pech Village Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Cahal Pech Village
- Cahal Pech Village Resort Belize/San Ignacio