$90
  • Pool
Western Guest House(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
$45
$42
The Log Cab-Inn(San Ignacio)
$94
$90
San Ignacio Resort Hotel(San Ignacio)
$151
$170
$140
Rumors Resort(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
$110
$545
$408
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool barin towndeluxe roomfamily cottagemain buildinghot waterfry jacksair conditioningpeace and quietguava limbfront porchstayed nightscahal pechceiling fanthe cottagesthe rivertour companies
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

Midas Resort is certainly a little piece of paradise keenly tucked away in San Ignacio. Midas offered the perfect get away for my busy life in Asia. The owners are very friendly and staff is always ready to assist. Each day I started the day off with an awesome cup of coffee and some good Belizean breakfast. Five stars!

Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2016

Initially our thoughts were "this place in wonderful!" The staff greeted us nicely, there was a huge pool, and a bar with good drinks, wifi and we got a free upgrade to a deluxe room. The bathroom was nice and we had a porch. We stayed here for 3 nights. After the 2nd night we became itchy throughout the day and thought it might have been bugs from the jungle, but after closer inspection when we left we realized we had bed bug bites on our ankles and thighs...I wouldn't stay here again because of this, but it might be luck with not getting a bed with bed bugs.

2  Thank Brittany W
Reviewed January 4, 2016

Midas Resort is located within walking distance of San Ignacio, which Melinda and I appreciated. It was convenient and provided an opportunity to walk. However, we felt safer when walked with a other couples back to the lodging in the area at night. During the day, we felt completely safe.

The pool is great and there is bar next to the pool. The bar plays the music pretty load which is fine for the pool, but not so nice for the hotel guest. Know that if you stay in the actual hotel towards the front of the building you will very likely hear the music.

We stayed in bungalow 8. It is a nice little building with a cute decor. The build was comfortable. However, know that the large window in the bath had no shades/blinds nor is it frosted. We elected to use the bathroom in the dark when showering. The back of the building has trees and bushes but not enough to make the bathroom private.

We eat breakfast in the restaurant it was nice.

Room Tip: I would stay as far from the office as possible. Stay in the high teens in the bunglow. More secluded and quite.
1  Thank Vince D
Reviewed January 3, 2016

After reading reviews and researching the various price brackets when staying in Belize, we chose to stay at the Midas Resort while exploring the inland attractions. There are a few different price brackets when staying in Belize. There are very cheap beds available as low as $20USD a night for hostel style accommodations and no A/C. Then there are what I would consider mid-range locations that offer clean rooms with hot water and A/C for slightly more, maybe $45-$65 a night, and finally, the nicest locations are comparable to what we would find back home and can be as expensive as $200 or more a night.

We found the Midas Resort to offer mid-range to high-end pricing, so we settled on the Deluxe rooms for our stay. There is SO much to do in and around San Ignacio like Tikal, ATM cave, Xunantunich, Cahal Pech, cavetubing, and more. You will get dirty and sweaty, possibly have bug bites or maybe even be a little sunburned at the end of the day, so it's nice to be able to enjoy the amenities like the pool and the bar, not to mention the A/C and a hot shower.

William at the bar will take care of whatever you need to wind down. Grab a cold Belikin beer, a perfectly made Mojito, or see if there is anything else you can think of just ask, I'm confident he will be good to you.

Delmi, the manager, was very polite and helpful with anything we needed. She helped arrange our tours, which is one of the main reasons I would recommend the Midas Resort over a hostel or something. These people will assist in making sure you have a good time, it was important to them that we had fun and it really showed in their work. She also arranged our shuttle that met us at the airport and took us to San Ignacio.

The onsite restaurant had great breakfast. We only tried it once but it was reasonably priced and very good. The rest of the time we rented bikes (available at the resort) to go into town and grab a bite to eat.

The grounds were beautiful. We saw frogs, birds, lizards, and all kinds of wildlife before we even left the resort. The Deluxe room had a hammock outside, working A/C and hot water, a flatscreen TV, and a great view out the window. The pool is lit up at night, has a waterfall and a cave, and is right next to the bar so you can drink and swim. I can't think of a better location in San Ignacio!

Reviewed January 2, 2016

We stayed there Nov 2015. Rooms were clean and spacious. We had a cabana family suite #3. It was perfect. Room was divide by a semi wall which allowed for kids on one side and us on the other. Both sides had bathrooms and televisions. The air conditioner worked well and there was hot water all the time. Rooms were cleaned daily but towels were changed every 3 days or earlier only by request.

The front office staff were very friendly and helpful. I have read many reviews about this place and some says hat the staff are rude or crooks. Not in my opinion. What I did see was a staff member going out of her way to accommodate some rude customers who had 5star hotel type attitudes. In addition, the staff was treated as though she was dumb or less than and she handled the situation well. People say check your ticket/receipt when you check out and to keep notes/tallies of what you have spent.....well you should do this anywhere you go. Conversion rate was $2 Belizean to $1American at the time. If you can't do the number crunch in your head then use a calculator as you go so that you have a rough estimate the day you check out. But I had no problems.

The belizean breakfast was wonderful...fry jacks are a must if you like emanadas or sopapillas. Note......if you are planning to take a trip, make sure you pre-order breakfast so it is ready when you get there. Depending on the season, it gets very crowded and hectic in the mornings.

We rented a car at the airport but walked to town and had dinner every night. 10min walk and seemed safe. We ate at Hode's and Hannah's. Both were good but Hannah's was awesome. Very good food. Hode's seemed more like a pub type restaurant specializing in wings and things like that. Hannah's was an semi-upscale place that specialized in various types of fine foods. Wish I would have eaten there every night.

There is a lively bar at the hotel and a pool. We really didn't go to the bar with the exception of buying water one night and we didn't swim either due to our activities and the rain.

The hotel also coordinates/provides tours. We went to ATM....another NOTE....we went during rainy season to ATM. Let me say that the tour was wonderful/surreal/Indiana Jones fun. Highly recommend it. BUT...when we went into the cave the water level was low. When we got out of the cave the water was very high. So high that we had to take an alternate route to get back to the cars. I have never been so scared for my life. There was a flash flood and the river crossing was very dangerous. We were those people you see on the "will you survive" shows. I recommend life vests for all children regardless of how great they swim. We were literally holding on to a rope for dear life trying to cross. Sorry, I had to get that out!!!

All in all, this place was pretty good and I would go back or recommend it to other families. Thx Delmi for all of your help.

Room Tip: cabana 3 perfect for family of 4. adults and children have separate spaces. Bathrooms,A/C, ceiling fans on both sides.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family