“affordable, clean, good location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Casa Blanca Guest House
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in San Ignacio
Seattle Washington
“affordable, clean, good location”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had this p[lace recommended to me by another hotel owner in Belize and it didn't disapoint. Close to good restaurants, nice view of the town. San Ignacio is a jumping off spot for river adventures but the town is nice. Big farmer's market, minature Brooklyn Bridge, and the river is a great place to cool off. Has community kitchen, helpful lady runs it. All in all, if you're not staying a a lodge out of town on the river or in the jungle, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cesped

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Casa Blanca more than lives up to its reputation here on Trip Advisor! It is perfectly located in San Ignacio town, yet very quiet at night. Just steps away from some very good restaurants, and you also have access to a full kitchen should you want to "eat in". We loved this place, and the folks that run it, and will definitely return. Top notch!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed in San Ignacio for 4 days total. I had originally found this hotel off of tripadvisor before going down to Belize. As always, tripadvisor.com did not disappoint. Betty, the owner, was the nicest lady. She made my check-in process extremely friendly. I stayed in room #7. I opted for the A/C. After a week of backpacking in Belize in the middle of June, I think I deserved to treat myself.
The hotel was very clean. The housekeeping staff, which is made up of Ruth and another lady, whose name I never got, were very friendly and always asked if I had everything I needed.
Sitting on the balcony in the late evening was really enjoyable, but only lasted a few minutes due to the fact that San Ignacio is such a great place to have fun and meet. people.
I think I drank more Belikin's than I walked in miles while I was in this town. I am going back to Belize next April and I will definitely be staying at Casa Blanca again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lorette, Manitoba
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I toured all around Belize for just over 3 weeks and this place was one of our favorites. A hidden gem. Casa Blanca is an old fashioned no frills hotel in the middle of bustling San Ignacio. The hotel reminded me of an old European Pension....really clean (even the bedspread was washed and cleaned! and yes I checked), there was a nice sitting area with small kitchenette and fridge for guest use. It is tucked away on the second floor of a hardware store. Gotta love it. Betty G runs the place and you can tell she does so with pride because the place is spotless and the staff are busy cleaning and looking after guests.

Casa Balnca is right in the heart of San Ignacio so its great for getting around, near restaurants, shops, within 20 or 30 minutes walk to Cahal Pech and a 5 minute walk to the "bus depot" for internal travel around Belize. While other reviewers complained about noise from Burns Street we had no such complaints - I ALWAYS recommend travelling with ear plugs. Rather we really liked the husle and bussle of this little Central American town. The hotel has a nice little balcony overlooking Burns Street and every evening after a busy day touring around we enjoyed sitting with our drinks on the balcony people watching.

Every weekend there is a farmers market with local farmers, mennonites and Guatamalans selling local produce and a few commodities and spices also within walking distance. Be prepared to haggle.

I highly recommend staying at Casa Blanca as it is centrally located for travel or tours around the area if you want to head to Tikal, ATM or any other attractions. This is a budget hotel, however, the beds were comfortable, the a/c and the shower worked well.

We booked our tours to Tikal and ATM through the hotel - I recommend K'atun Ahaw Tours with Elias. He was great, is good natured, speaks English and is well educated regarding Mayan and Belize culture and archeology . Elias is also licensed to conduct tours in Guatamala, making your trip to Tikal much easier with a smooth border crossing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeineLady
Bloomingdale, NJ
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I have stayed at other hotels in San Ignacio, but this is my favorite.
We are usually beginning or ending a Maya Cave Archeology Trip,
so its great to have a very nice place to return to after a week or so
in the forest.

Room Tip: Get the AC.