“Way better than any other restaurant in town.”
Review of Guava Limb Cafe

Guava Limb Cafe
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Caribbean, International, Central American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Guava Limb Cafe is San Ignacio's most recent addition to the Restaurant & Cafe chain. We offer a fresh, colonial yet modern option for dining in the greater Cayo District. The emphasis stands on serving the highest quality specialty coffee drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads signature dishes and specials available in the Cayo area. We also do catering for breads and desserts. The Guava Limb Cafe has a breezy Caribbean feel with a European flavor. Organic in nature, our foods are farm-to-table local, fresh and does not have additional preservatives/flavor enhancers. The decor of the Cafe includes handmade furniture from around the world, and table ware is contemporary with simple lines to highlight the beautiful presentations of our cuisine. The Macal Park is a focal point for our patrons with the bustle of children playing, people strolling, as well as the lovely natural setting. We have a moderately priced, casual restaurant serving fine high quality food. The service style of our restaurant is a table service with a fine selection of wines. We have a relaxed atmosphere that encourages conversations between tables.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

It was a very pleasant surprise when a friend of us took us to this hidden jem in San Ignacio. This restaurant exceeded all our expectations and was the Best dining experience in Belize by very far. Ambience, service and especially wonderful food was impeccable. Prices very reasonable and coffee they serve their undoubtedly the best in town, if it comes to espresso based drinks. They have full size professional type of barrista machine in the kitchen, which is a big rarity in this area of the world. We are planning to go there again tonight at a heart bit. Highly recommended place to dine in!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

When a friend of mine started posting pictures of "Asian Bowl", "Panini's" and "Quiche" here in Belize I knew I was missing out on something. Sure enough hashtags like #guavalimb #belizedining started popping up accompanying pictures of well plated, not-your-typical-Belize dining experience food. Unless you manage to get out of Belize every few weeks you tend to get tired of the usual places and you tend to swallow your food without even realizing how tired you are of that same dish. When I visited Guava Limb I of course had the asian bowl..it was fresh, tasty, and not to mention quite a size able portion..what I really want to rave about is my brother's choice..quiche! ;) it was DELICIOUS.. so much that we ordered a second one to share!
Service was great and of course atmosphere wise I have no complaints..what an adorable Colonial style building! All in all definitely worth the 2 hour drive for lunch!

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely delicious! The porch seating is lovely even on a rainy day. The building is well cared for and seems very very clean including the bathroom.

The waitstaff were great as well. Providing the right amount of attention but not overbearing.

I tried the mango smoothy and it was perfect not too sweet. The Asian bowl was delicious as well as the fish basket. The portions on most things are not too large but they were sufficient for myself. At this time they seem to use huge serving bowls to make it seem like more. However the smoothies and deserts are plenty big.
I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Restaurants in Belize are coming on leaps and bounds and there are many notable examples of this, but none exceed expectations like Guava Limb Cafe in San Ignacio.

This newly opened gastronaught's delight is simply one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in, in my life, and I have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world.

First of all let me start with the location, down the quiet end of Burns Avenue, the main road in San Ignacio, which is half pedestrianised. The restaurant is the brain-child of Mick and Lucy Fleming who own Chaa Creek, one of the most famous, best and oldest jungle resorts in Belize.

I had the privilege of cadging a lift with their Guatemalan chef and his assistant to Belize City one day and so had the chance of discussing in depth the concept of their cuisine. They provide home-made organic, simple, tasty, well-cooked, well-prepared and plated ingredients that are natural to Belize - and there is an abundance of those, but inspired by the most famous cuisines of the world.

All served by gracious and attractive servers who are eager to please and learn - I was quite pedantic about the pronunciation of Sauvignon Blanc but the girls were only too eager to learn, the sweeties.

Which brings me on to the drinks, great wines from Europe and the Americas and a real Italian coffee machine that makes outstanding coffees, both hot and cold, with the beans provided by Belize and Guatemala. They even had a bottle of Port, first time I've ever seen that in Belize.

The first meal I had there was the 'Asian Bowl' which was like eating food freshly prepared in South-East Asia itself. The Vietnamese spring rolls were better than the spring rolls I'd eaten in Vietnam earlier in the year, which is some accomplishment considering we were in Belize, Central America! But also the noodles and other accompaniments that came with the dish were nothing short of sublime and very authentic to south-east Asian cuisine - I go to Thailand quite often so I know what I’m blathering on about.

One of the highlights though and a fabulous selling point itself, are the desserts. If God came down from heaven and made a pudding, he couldn’t make any better than what Guava Limb offer. The Coconut Flan, the Key Lime Pie, the cheesecakes are simply heaven on a plate.

The building itself is a traditional colonial wooden structure beautifully designed and the attention to detail is quite deliberate with art, paintings and sculptures all provided by local artists and the wooden furniture hand-made by artisan joiners from Chaa Creek's own carpentry and joinery work-shop in the jungles of Cayo alongside the river Macal.

The restaurant also faces one of the best views in San Ignacio, that of the green park at the end of town, where my wife and her family joined me on several occasions, to enjoy simply the best food in all of the country of Belize and one of the best views in Cayo.

There is a sign over the door, when you enter the restaurant, which says, “Slim and Trim Like a Guava Limb”, but I think if you eat here as often as I plan to in the future, that saying and my girth are going to get severely tested!

They say that if you swallow water from the Macal river in Belize that you will always return. I have been doing that since building the Octavia Waight old folks’ home in 1986, so I say that's true, but I would go further and say that once you have eaten at Guava Limb Cafe, you will not only return, you will want to live here permanently as food and life simply doesn't get any better than this.

See all of you guapas very soon on my 50th birthday on September 9th – you’re all invited - hasta la victoria siempre!

Adrian Caffery (Haylock)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This restaurant is off the beaten path all the way down Burns St but is worth the walk. The decor is charming and the food and service excellent. We dined here three times and my husband had the quiche every time. I tried the Thai noodle bowl, Quesadillas and the French Salad and all were very tasty. They had crab soup as a special one day and it is hands down the best I have ever eaten. They offer very good wine by the glass, much better than the mediocre offerings of most of the local restaurants.
Overall a great find in San Ignacio!