“The owner makes this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tia Maria Guesthouse

Tia Maria Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 31 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The owner makes this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Tia Maria for 3 nights on a recommendation from our tour guide. Though this place is a bit pricy for a backpacker budget (80 bzd/night). The very clean rooms, the terrace connecting with the very clean and tidy kitchen, and especially the owner makes this place worth your money. The owner was so friendly and helped us out with any questions we would have. We can definitely recommend staying with Tia Maria.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Tia maria was clean, in a great location, great service, simply perfection!! The hotel is also family friendly which was important to us while traveling with children. The staff felt like family and made sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed January 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem! It is conveniently located to all the shops and restaurants in the town yet it is located in a very quite neighborhood. The kitchen area is very easy to use for your meal prep and the verandah is excellent for dining and relaxing. The rooms provide a cozy environment and are reasonably priced. The best feature is Emelda the owner, she is a delightful person always available to help you with any of your needs! I shall return!

Room Tip: The rooms with A/C are perfect during the warmer season.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Emelda,

I can’t thank you enough for making my month-long stay at the Hotel Tia Maria a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I feel like I’ve become a member of the Family. The rooms are amazingly comfortable, and well-appointed. The common areas (Kitchen, Veranda, and Reception) are welcoming, and often occupied by many of your very interesting guests from around the world.

I love the fact that Hotel Tia Maria is just a couple of blocks from all of the stores, restaurants, banks, and the fabulous Farmers Market. I was able to walk to most of the places that I needed, and was able to interact with the people of San Ignacio, Cayo on a very personal level. I, most definitely, will be back.

Jessica L. Keener

Room Tip: Room 1 is the best for couples.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jessica K
Dangriga, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This family run place was perfect for me. I love to travel solo and as such am always cognizant of where I stay. Safe clean and above all friendly with out being too in your face. I loved my room spacious good bed and great bathroom! I also loved being able to run downstairs for breakfast at Roots or do a little cooking for myself in the share kitchen space as part of my room rental. Affordable,convenient accessible, what more could a gurl want!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tabby J
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I highly recommend Hotel Tia Maria! Emelda made our stay fabulous! She kept letting us try her local food, she was so sweet. When we arrived, she let us choose which room we wanted. The location was perfected situated in town and QUIET! The price was great for us because we did tours during the day that cost a fortune. We got our room with the A/C because my husband would die without it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sinhful
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Emelda is nice, as well as the entire hotel. We enjoyed our stay very much, rooms are nice, the best, where we stayed in Belize, but, the most, we enjoyed beautiful terrace with large and fully equiped kitchen. Moreover, great value for money. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends