All reviews botanical gardens jungle lodge horseback riding fire tower macal river cave tubing mayan ruins atm cave tree house on site all inclusive package pine ridge spent several days exotic birds wonderful guide day trip maya flats
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019

A great experience! So wonderful to awake to quiet surroundings with only the sweet bird songs, then be greeted by your wonderful staff for a relaxing breakfast in the canopy bar/restaurant. When not fully occupied by tours, we enjoyed a great experience of the jungle on the river walk which, with the 'soon to be provided' map, will lead you to the fantastic Belize Botanical Gardens in about 40 minutes. We did the canoe ride on the river to San Ignacio. The river was low this time of year so our wonderful guide and I had to get out an pull us through the low rapids - fun! Our guide was very flexible in San Ignacio and although we only booked the chocolate making demonstration, we were provided time prior to lunch to walk thru the Saturday market and get a feel of San Ignacio. The food was excellent, with various local influences. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Our flight was canceled so we missed our first day but they arranged to extend our visit by one day and re-arrange tours so we still got the full experience we planned.
Now, about the location. If you search for Sweet Songs Lodge in Google Earth you will not get the correct location (they may have this fixed by now) But, if you get the location near the Maya Flats Airport that is not right. Search instead for 17° 5'44.75"N 89° 4'10.59"W

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Paradise656797, Manager at Sweet Songs Jungle Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you for this wonderful review and it is indeed our pleasure hosting you. We are glad you got a chance to truly enjoy our island and it's activities. We will be working to make our location as accurate as possible, however thank you for the coordinates. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Belize.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I enjoyed my stay at Sweet Songs Jungle Lodge. The staff was amazing. I had chya in my Belizian Breakfast, which I LOVE!! It was so Sweet to wake up to the sounds of the birds and to eat breakfast with so many. My steak dinner was the best that I had in Belize. My bed was comfy. You need to have a car here but I loved staying in a lodge outside on San Ignacio.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Paradise656797, Manager at Sweet Songs Jungle Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Thank you for this wonderful review. it was a pleasure hosting your stay. We are glad you've enjoyed our accommodation and staff. We do hope to see you again on your next to Belize.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Very accommodating. Property is awesome. Very impressive Lodge. Will definitely go back. They were not set up to tranact my local Belize Credit Card, only United States. They allowed me to call in my US credit card information once I got back to Belmopan.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for this amazing review and it was our pleasure hosting your stay. We are glad you've enjoyed our Lodge. Please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-417-9478 when you're ready to plan your next vacation.

Reviewed March 9, 2019

We loved it! My sisters and I spent several days here, enjoying the scenery, food and facilities. We had the package that included meals, which we found very enjoyable! We enjoyed every one of our meals in the outdoor restaurant/bar, watching toucans and other birds flitting about! Several excursions were arraigned for us including a visit to Tikal and ATM Cave which were amazing!! We tubed down the river and enjoyed bird watching in the Botanic Gardens that were adjacent to our cabin! The only issue was we did not give ourselves enough time at the lodge to enjoy everything we wanted to do. We may have to return!!

Room tip: Our package included meals, tours and gratuity! We considered it a bargain.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Paradise656797, Manager at Sweet Songs Jungle Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Awww Cyndie, thank you for this amazing review. We are truly happy to have host you and sister stay. We glad you've enjoyed the lodge and excursions. Also, happy to know you like our botanic Gardens. Please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-4179478 when you're ready to plan your next visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2019

From the moment we arrived at Sweet Songs we knew we'd made the perfect choice-- what a gorgeous setting! This is the way to experience all the Belizean jungle has to offer: incredible natural beauty, restful quiet, abundant birds, amazing plants, and the river right there for tubing and canoeing (you've GOT to tube if you come here -- it's fabulous!) Plus you get the comforts of a beautiful casita with your own hammock and kitchen. And the food is outstanding! The charming Rodney made us what may be the best smoothie of our life. Dinner options are always a delight as is the noctural visitation of the "resident" kinkajou, a gentle guest who quietly waits for his nightly banana. And, on top of all this, you get access to the amazing botanical gardens next door! We were so sad to leave -- we love this place!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time out and write such amazing review. It was a pleasure hosting your stay. We are glad you've enjoyed our jungle and excursions. We do hope to see you on your next visit. Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-417-9478 where you're ready too plan your next escape.