DuPlooy's hosted our wedding in February, and it was pretty much perfect. We couldn't have hoped to have everything go so smoothly if we'd had the wedding at home. I probably wouldn't recommend an event at DuPlooy's to anyone who has to have everything "just so." We did actually get exactly what we wanted and more from the entire event, but a lot of details were up in the air until the last minute. For us that was all part of the fun, but it might be stressful for people who don't roll with the punches easily. .
To give one example, we wanted a chuppah for a semi-Jewish ceremony on Xunantunich. We found out a week before the wedding that we couldn't bring any sort of synthetic structure onto the grounds. We came up with the idea of building one out of palm fronds. Some of the guys at the resort built it and it was magnificent, but we didn't really start seriously discussing how it would look until the morning before the ceremony. There were a lot of little things like that, and - as I said - every single one worked out as well or better than we had hoped, but there was a lot of uncertainty through the whole thing.
Our group included everything from highly experienced travellers and outdoor people to relatives in their 70s with limited mobility, and everyone had a wonderful time. The staff was incredibly helpful in every way. They went above and beyond in making sure that everyone got the tours they wanted. The regular meals were extremely good, and the food for the wedding was spectacular.
The grounds at DuPlooy's - including but not limited to the Botanical Garden - are beautiful. The beach on the river is a great. We all had a blast seeing the birds in the morning and the kinkajous at night. The guides are all amazingly knowledgable about the local flora, fauna, and history. There is absolutely no shortage of things to do. We stayed a week for the wedding and it wasn't long enough.
We'll definitely be some of those repeat visitors that you read so much about in the reviews. The combination of incredible service, great guides, proximity to weeks worth of things to do, beautiful grounds, and fresh food prepared very well, and great memories are far more than we could resist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio