What can we say about Duplooys except that it exceeded our expectations in everyway. We stayed in the La Casita for a week from June 19 through June 23, 2013 and it was perfect for a family of four with two teens to spread out and hang about on two decks! From the great morning conversations with Judy Duplooy to the special help from Alberto with my camera (which had lost connection due to high humidity) and finding us official Belizean football (soccer) jerseys, the staff surely is absolutely top-notch: Fermin and Mason at the front desk, Alberto and Jose lead servers, Ishmael and Kevin the wait staff, Emil and Gurima on tours, and Isaiah and Noel as drivers! Mario manages the botanical gardens and he was a terrific and gracious source of information on the gardens and the birds. The food was delightful, particularly the baked breads and biscuits fresh at every meal and a different delicious soup every night. La Casita is perfect for a family and is at the end of an elevated walkway, at a location beyond the rest of the units....we observed many birds (blue-crowned motmots, parrots, Aracari and keel-billed toucans, etc) and animals (armadillo, agoutis, kinkajous, and four-eyed oppossum) up close, as we walked back and forth every day to the dining room, bar, and bird viewing deck. Go to the Saturday Market in San Ignacio if you are staying over on a Saturday. The horses are well cared-for and are fun to ride to Xunantunich. Take the time to: find out where the bats hang out for the day to view these amazing creatures; get up early to enjoy the variety of birds that perch within arms reach at the bird viewing deck; watch for and enjoy the gentle kinkajous and four-eyed opossum that come to the bar deck at night for a snack; ask about the amazing owl that hides out in its "cave" on the limestone cliff overlooking the beach of the Macal River; canoe down the Macal River; hike up the fire tower at the botanical gardens.... smell the heavenly Ponderosa Lemons at the botanical gardens. Thank you Duplooys so much...it really allowed our busy lives to slow down and enjoy our family time and really connect with the people and wildlife of Belize!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio