We stayed at Duplooys Jungle Lodge in mid June for 5 nights before going to a Caye for a week. Everyday at the Lodge was a wonderful adventure! We chose to do cave tubing, canoeing, horseback riding and gardens. During our "down time" we swam in the river or tubed to our beach from upstream, super fun! It's difficult to decide what we liked best about our time there in the jungle! The staff were incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, genuine, and would go out of their way to ensure that you were satisfied! It was so nice to talk to each one of them about their families, villages, and life in Belize!! Our children, ages 11 and 7, remarked the food was the best they have ever had! It is a delicious reflection of Belize culture- lots of fresh fruit and veggies, chicken, fish, and they always had a vegetarian option. They also accommodated my gluten allergy with NO problem! Happy hour each night was a super fun time where you could have the bartender create a run drink for you and watch the playful & gentle Kinkajous visit. My daughters had a blast feeding these furry little guys bananas. Around 530 every night, one would come scampering along the railing ready for a treat! The horses we rode were well cared for and were quite tame and laid back. We rode to Xunantunich and on another day rode through the grounds to a beautiful lookout. It was a joy to meet other guests at the bar/lounge and discuss the day's adventures. We stayed in the Casita, which had a large room upstairs and downstairs- plenty of room for 4 persons and it had lots of fans which was great b/c it was quite warm in June. The rooms and bathrooms were very very clean too. I could write all day about our stay at Duplooys as it was so memorable!
Finally- You must walk through the gardens- this is a labor of love and a gem of the country as you can learn about and see native trees and other botany using the handy guidebooks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio