There is so much to do at duPlooy's, whether it be exploring the Botanical Gardens, horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, or relaxing on the porch--there is always something to do. My class and I traveled from Castleton, Vermont (from Castleton State College) on a school trip to duPlooy’s, and enjoyed every minute of our stay. DuPlooy’s offers many things to do on site, and is also very close to the beautiful Mayan ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. We exhausted ourselves hiking the ruins (as well as traveling to Caracol and Tikal in Guatemala) everyday, and were very happy to return to the relaxing atmosphere at duPlooy’s. The scenery at duPlooy’s is breathtaking; the jungle flora is beautiful, and accents the beauty of the surrounding Maya mountains and Macal River. The location is ideal for a relaxing getaway, as it feels very remote but is still close to nearby San Ignacio. Accommodations are clean and comfortable. I stayed in the Jungle Lodge and our room had two queen sized beds, as well as a huge tiled shower. Ceiling fans are used instead of air conditioning, which adds to the charm of duPlooy's; it is a sustainable eco-retreat. I appreciate the fact that they use solar power, and encourage their guests to help conserve energy. The staff is extremely friendly, insightful, and accommodating. Also, the food is delicious! Fresh produce from the garden is used everyday, and is served in a variety of scrumptious ways. I was very excited about the many vegetarian options! DuPlooy’s is more than an eco-retreat; it is a jungle oasis. I enjoyed every minute of my stay, and definitely plan to return! Thank you for making my time away from home so enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio