duPlooy's is a hidden gem in the heart of the jungle. We were very surprised to see how luxurious and upscale the accomodations were after the bumpy gravel road in (most roads in Belize are pretty bumpy, so don't let this frighten you away! If you are not really the adventure type and don't like gravel roads, you should stay in the boring all inclusive spots that are offered, however if you like something unique and 'real' this spot is simply amazing!)
Take the short walk from our rental house down to the river, duPlooy's has a variety of canoes for you to take down river upon your leisure, nice sights, you can envelop yourself in the heart of the jungle and just sit back and enjoy. Toucans, iguana's, a huge variety of other birds and jungle type flora are in abundance. You are truly right in the jungle.
Clean, very spacious, upscale rooms, well groomed gardens and walkways. Great service. Only disapointment was the continental breakfast...pretty skimpy. We were served 6 muffins and 5 peices of french toast, 1 cut up papaya for 10 people. Food tasted great though.
Mrs. duPlooy is a super nice lady, very sweet and interested in your well-being, genuinely interested in her guests and making them happy.
I would definately take my family to duPlooy's again if in the area! it was a fantastic adventure holiday, just what I wanted for our children (all under 13 yrs old).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio