February 25, 2007
My husband and I stayed at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel on Jan 23rd and 24th while taking the land tour portion of our trip to Belize. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms and found the hotel comfortable, clean, and the room spacious. We had friends who stayed in the older part of the hotel and their room, though not as spacious, was a lovely room. We were offered a complementary drink upon our arrival and having come from frozen Connecticut shores, nothing was more inviting the first day than to slip into the attractive pool. During our stay all of the hotel staff were friendly, pleasant and very helpful. The hotel dining room served delicious local cuisine and was most accommodating in preparing a breakfast picnic for an early departure day of touring. We met Miss Paulita, one of the owners and had a lovely visit talking about various subjects. As is the case with most family-owned hotels, everyone from the owner to the chambermaid takes a special interest in making your stay relaxed and very satisfying.
We made our tour reservations to the Mayan archaeological sites of Caracol in Belize and Tikal in Guatemala through the hotel. Our guide, Jose, was extraordinary. He was a marvel at driving over the uneven roads and speed bumps; his knowledge of Mayan culture was most impressive, and he was as eager to teach us everything he knew as we were to learn. Jose made passing the border into Guatemala easy, as he took care of everything for us.
When we travel outside the U.S., my husband doesn’t usually like to return to the same hotels, but he said he would be eager to return to San Ignacio Resort Hotel. This hotel is a must visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize