this is a warm, friendly, centrall located base from which to explore the cayo district. it's located up the hill (easy walking distance) from the town of san ignacio which has a cool frontier vibe and plenty to do. the elegant lobby opens onto the pool area which overlooks the jungle - very cool. my wife loved getting up early swimming and sitting by the pool, watching/listening to the sounds of birds. the rooms are clean and recently redone. service is very friendly from top to bottom. the bar is nice and has a huge TV which will play pretty much what you'd like. overall, this is a great spot. see my trip report for further details about our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize