“Excellent staff and stay”

San Ignacio Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Ignacio
Drayton Valley, Alberta
“Excellent staff and stay”
Reviewed November 29, 2009

This was the 5th time I have stayed at this location, the staff are amazing, the service is great, the Regal Room is spacious, well decorated, the King Bed is very comfortable and the room is clean.
When I talk to peolpe in Canada I use this Resort/Hotel as an example of 5 Star service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
sparwood
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel in March of 2008 for three nights. We had been traveling through Belize and wanted a special place to celebrate our anniversary. We were delighted at the wonderful stay which we experienced at this hotel. The furnishings were of beautiful teak, the rooms very clean and well provisioned, and the food at the restaurant was wonderfully prepared. My husband and I also enjoyed the tour of the Iguana Centre and the medicinal trail tour which was located just behind the hotel. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and friendly, as was the rest of the staff. During our stay, my husband required some non-emergency medical attention. The staff contac- ted a doctor who came to the hotel to attend my husband. When is the last time you heard of service like that? Great stay, we are looking forward to returning at our earliest convenience.Margaret

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 1, 2009

My objective as I planned this trip was to scout out a piece of land to build a house. What I found was a reason to follow through. From the moment I stepped off the plane, the laid back peaceful world of Belize began to draw me.
I could go on about my exploits of the western Caribean Sea, but the beauty of the mountains of twin towns of San Igancio and Cayo split by the Macal River is what really caught my attention.
Perched on a hill top in San Igacio is the San Ignacio Resort Hotel ... an elegant, charming and peaceful place to desolve the anxieties of life away. Owned by four sisters and managed by two, who take a personal interest in making sure that all of your needs are cared for at the Resort and beyond. My stay in the Master Suite was first class, the food was excellect and bar (The Stork Club) was convieniently located for me :).
Now, let me take a moment to express deepest thanks and appreciation to entire service staff, from house keeping to the food/bar service to the front desk, who made me feel like I was among friends from the very moment that I stepped into the San Ignacio Resort Hotel, especially Patricia Thank you!

Finally, in the infamous words of ... somebody, "I'll be back".

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel on a business trip to Belize and found it to be a wonderful small hotel with a very dedicated staff all of whom went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and comfortable... When I arrived at the front desk, I was greeted by Patricia Rodriguez who made me feel welcome and at right at home. I stayed 4 nights and at at their restaurant every morning and night. The food was first class. The hotel has wireless internet or you can use their internet terminal in the lobby if you don't bring your laptop.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We were at the San Ignacio for 3 nights in June. It's a nice size hotel, not too big. You get great personal service. The staff is terrific. The lobby is beautiful, the pool area attractive and clean, the restaurant food tasty and reasonable. We enjoyed touring the Iguana Sanctuary on the grounds and liked being close to town. The rooms that had been remodeled were excellent. The others were very fine - clean, just a little more modest.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Yadkin County, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Dear all,

If you find yourself in Belize, and particularly in San Ignacio or in the Mayan Mountains, you'd be foolish to miss out on this gem. My husband and I married in Belize on a Mayan ruin, and stayed at the San Ignacio resort during our time there just before, and for a couple of days after, our ceremony. The folks at the hotel knew we were there to get married, and they did so many little things to make our stay extra special - like sending rum drinks to our room upon arrival, sprinkling rose petals on our bed the day we had our ceremony so that when we returned, they were waiting on us, and even working with a florist and beauticians to make sure I didn't look [--] enough out there in that heat to offend the gods ... or my husband.

Not only was the hotel beautiful and the staff friendly, the food was excellent as well. Wait staff are all attentive and friendly, and the dining atmosphere, whether indoor or out - made for perfect meals. There's also a cool little bar / restaurant there if you want to be more casual and slam down some wings and a few brews.

All in all, we were extremely pleased, particularly for the money. We would have gladly paid more ... (although if someone from the hotel is reading this, please don't raise the rates!).

Don't miss out on this awesome spot folks!! It's one of those places you get the privilege of staying at that you'll remember the rest of your life, and if you ever go back down there again, you'll make sure you book there for future trips.

Emily Carter
North Carolina

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2009

All employees at this hotel dedicated to hospitality and service.
The room extremely comfortable, recently renovated with TV, balcony, AC. Location right on edge of San Ignacio. Can walk to town easily. The Green Iguana breeding program on hotel grounds real interesting and fun. Lobby quite elegant, dining room and terrace wonderful. Menu items quite good. Try the grass fed fillet of beef. More chewy that North Americans are use to but taste is quite good. Pair it with red Malbec wine from Argentina (another grass fed beef country). Welcome rum punch drink a real treat. Internet use not expensive. The only suite, at top of beautiful stairway is elegant. Perfect location for honeymoon. Comfort next to opportunity to explore caves, Maya ruins, butterfly breeding programs, jungle hiking, bird watching, jungle challenges. There is a little casino next door, not owned by hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends