We were at the San Ignacio for 3 nights in June. It's a nice size hotel, not too big. You get great personal service. The staff is terrific. The lobby is beautiful, the pool area attractive and clean, the restaurant food tasty and reasonable. We enjoyed touring the Iguana Sanctuary on the grounds and liked being close to town. The rooms that had been remodeled were excellent. The others were very fine - clean, just a little more modest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize