I recently spent 3 nights at the San Ignacio Hotel, and can not wait to return! The hotel is perfectly located, at the top of a hill over looking the city. It is a quick 5 minute walk to all of the restaraunts and bars in San Ignacio. And it is only about a 10 to 15 minute walk in the opposite direction to Cahal Pech Mayan ruins(although you have to climb a pretty steep hill!).
Besides the location, the property itself is lovely. The lobby, dining areas, and pool are all modern and stunning. We ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel, and the food was delicious. It was more expensive than what you would pay for a meal in town, but it was not by any means a rip off. And happy hour at the hotel bar was a GREAT deal on local rums! The wait staff was so friendly and helpful, it was amazing. They went out of their way to talk about what we had done that day or to give suggestions for our next day activities.
The pool is quite large, and you can order drinks and food to be brought to your chair. We took the iguana project tour, which was unique and provided for some awesome pictures! Our tour guide Eddie was funny an knowledgeable. Tennis equipment is available for use free of cost, and we spent an hour hitting balls around on the old tennis court. Great perk! The nature trails were underwhelming, as they appeared to be in serious need of maintenance, and the path was often covered and we couldn't walk very far. From reading another post, it makes sense that the recent flooding may have caused these problems. No big deal.
The rooms are standard, but nice. We stayed in a room, with 2 beds which opened onto a "backyard" patio. It was pretty humid in San Ignacio, and the room was slightly damp, but it was definitely not a big issue. The AC worked well, and there was also a ceiling fan. Cable TV and standard bathroom amenities also included.
I have already started looking at availability at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel for my next visit to Belize! I loved this property, and also loved the town of San Ignacio. Can't wait to go back, and highly reccommend you get there to check it out for yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize