San Ignacio Resort Hotel
$46
$545
$408
  • Breakfast included
Black Rock Lodge(Black Rock)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Rumors Resort(San Ignacio)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,149 results
All reviewsiguana projectreubenin townbalcony roommaster suiteshort walk down the hillgreen iguanaiguana reservehousekeeping staffi highly recommend this hotelgarden viewrum punchon siteturn down servicehoneymoon suitemayan ruinsthe entire staff
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed here on numerous occasion and attended many events at the hotel. It has always been a pleasure filled experience. They have a great staff, excellent food, and a great bar. They also offered a pool, tennis courts, a nightclub and casino, like 1 minute walk away, and a great view of the city.

Room Tip: ask for poolside or pool adjacent rooms away from the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MartinHendrikx
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Was there two weeks ago. We took Cayo Belize Shuttle Service by Tosh from Belize City. Highly recommend her as well. She was prompt and informative. She also arranged a couple of tours for us that were good value and the guide that went with us was great.

The hotel itself is very nice and clean. Staff was consistently helpful and pleasant. Had thought about one of the places outside of town but in talking with some folks, glad we picked this place. Enjoyed being able to walk to town and enjoy different restaurants. We did have breakfast there a couple of days which was good. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We did the Regal room. Didn't think we would want to sit outside unless it was by the pool!
Reviewed July 4, 2014

San Ignacio Resort is a diamond in the rough.... my stay was about a month ago and, having never been to Belize, I had no idea what to expect at all. I'm glad we chose this resort as it was clean and comfortable, despite the extreme humidity I last escaped long ago, when I moved away from the Midwest USA.

The city center of San Ignacio is nearby - just a short walk down the big hill - and it's a stark contrast to the resort. The city does have a lot of character and a lot of nice, social people, but it's stuck in a bygone era. It feels old and gritty. Something about the design of the resort also does have a no-exactly-modern design to it, but it's kept in great condition, and they are currently expanding. That was a bummer, as the bar was closed, and there was a lot of hammering noise going on throughout the day.

As a word of caution, the staff isn't always on the same page. We needed to set up transportation to get to the Maya Flats Airport.... Someone at the front desk told us "For your flight tomorrow, just come by in the morning, and we'll call a taxi for you." Based on that info, we did just that, and the staff told us "You'll have to call from your room," and provided a couple phone numbers of local drivers. I was about to do just that - call on my own - until I thought to ask if there would be a charge to call from the room. Indeed there would be, and I finally talked the front desk staff into making the call, based on being told the previous night that they would take care of it.

Also, the pool was nice and enjoyable, especially in the evening when no one else was around. There were plenty of beetles and moths that made their way into the water, so we cleaned the pool ourselves... no biggie, but some of those bugs were huge! It's practically the jungle, after all.

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to make it to the iguana sanctuary, but we had a pretty good time and felt comfortable at the resort in the fairly short amount of time we were there.

Room Tip: The garden view room was....eh. It was clean, had two full size beds (though we only needed one, and one is what we signed up for when booking the hotel), and a hammock out back. The room felt a little isolated from the rest of the resort - down a hallway, then down another hallway, so I'm really certain I would have liked some of the other rooms I've seen photos of.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel the first week of June, and enjoyed our stay. The hotel and our room were clean, with everything you'd come expect in modern a hotel like AC, flat panel TVs, and wi-fi. The wi-fi didn't really work in our room though but worked fine in the lobby, and pool area. The onsite Iguana Project is great and definitely worth checking out. We had a garden view room with a hammock and chairs and it was very peaceful to sit out there and relax after a long day of adventuring. Make sure you check the chairs before sitting on them though. Someone put a coat of paint on them twice while we there and the first time I sat on it, but luckily I was able to wash the paint out of my clothes. I probably should have complained, but it wasn't that big of a deal and I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. They really shouldn't be doing maintenance like that though when guests are in the room. Especially without putting up a wet paint sign. Hotel was quiet but you could sometimes hear music and other noises coming from the town but nothing that disturbed us. There was also some renovations going on at the hotel, but the work usually started after we left in the morning so it didn't bother us. One drawback of the renovations though was you couldn't sit inside the restaurant or go into the bar. That was fine for meals as the patio overlooks the pool and jungle and it was nice sitting out there. The drawback was if you just wanted to grab a quick drink, or would rather sit inside with the AC that wasn't really an option. Not a huge deal, but it did limit your options somewhat.
Location of the hotel is great as a jumping off point to all the various attractions in the area, and the hotel does a great job helping you out with those excursions, even if you booked it with someone else. You're only about 10-15 minutes from town, which has its pro and cons. We weren't big fans of the town itself, and found it didn't offer us much to suit our tastes, although the market on Saturday was interesting, and everyone we encountered was very friendly. We're glad we visited but I'm also glad we split our time between San Ignacio and a jungle lodge to get a different feel for the area.
Staff is really amazing and the concierge Onil is one of the most helpful friendly people we've encountered while traveling. He picked us up at the airport and walked us around the Belize Zoo, and the entire time he made us feel welcome and provided us with a wealth of information about everything we encountered. Really a great guy.
We really enjoyed stay at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel and looks to be the nicest hotel in the area. Would definitely stay again if we visited San Ignacio.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a nice hotel, close to the center of San Ignacio (15 minutes walk, $5 bz cab ride). Clean, safe hotel and friendly staff- they were very accommodating. The restaurant was decent, and the pool was clean if not luxurious. We definitely recommend staying over on a Saturday- the San Ignacio market on Saturday mornings is fantastic. Check it out!