The San igancio hotel is under renovation but the service and facilities are still outstanding. We arrived to visit our adult daughter who was on elective at the hospital there. We had booked early and were kept informed regularly about our booking and compensated well for the disruption of the renovations. The restaurant is still open and remains the best food in San Ignacio for us. The steaks are superb and come from the hotel owned ranch in San Ignacio. The family run business makes the place warmer and homely. The staff are all exceptional and accommodating. Of special mention is Consuela (head of housekeeping) and Jonny in the restaurant. Thank you for looking after us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize